Thread: 2007 GF Rig

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

2007 GF Rig

I found a LIGHTLY used '07 Rig on CL. I have the guy down to $500. The bike is completely stock. I hope to get him even lower because I called my LBS and I can get a '10 Rig for sub-$1000. How much should I be willing to pay? (Just need some more opinions).

This is my first 29er and my first ss. I think I will like the one gear, but Im a bit apprehensive. I found a couple of threads where people have made an '08 Rig a 1x9, but no mention of the '07. Did Fisher not put a place to hang a derailleur on the '07?

mtbr member
    $500 is a bit high to me, if it were in near perfect shape, maybe... For reference in early 2009 Me and a friend found 07 rigs on CL for 400 and his 450, I sold mine a few months later for 400 with an 08 reba on it.The 07 shock was trashed and looked like it had never been serviced though, I should have said $350... oh well, you learn.

As far as getting a new 2010 Rig with warranty for sub 1K, I would say go for that. At least put it on lay-away and save up. G2 geometry, Fox Fork, cable stops and swap-able RD hanger for 1x9 + warranty make it a great move.

IIRC the 07 cannot run a rear mech, I have seen a few people putting an internally geared hub on them though..