mtbr member
    Jul 2010

2005 Hoo Koo E Koo Question...

Hi! New here ... looking to get into riding again after a LONG hiatus .... Going to start out slow with some road riding then eventually hit some trails here on Long Island. Nothing crazy.

The bike I'm looking at is a 2005 HKEK. The seller is willing to let it go for $300. From pics it seems to be in very good condition with only a scratch on the cross tube and scrape on one brake lever.

Had a couple of questions if you all don't mind... I really would appreciate your help....

Is there a warranty on a 2005 frame? Is it transferable to a new owner?

I am assuming this can be upgraded to discs? Correct?

Finally, is there anything i should be looking for in particular with this bike?

Any other opinions would be appreciated .. Price too high, good bike, bad bike, etc.

Thanks in advance .. Looking forward to getting into the sport!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    It looks like the fork, frame and original hubs are disc compatible so all you would need is a complete brake set as long as the wheels will accept a disc.

The warranty applies to the original purchaser only. It is extremely rare in the bike industry to find a company that has a transferable warranty to the next owner.

$300 seems reasonable (maybe a little high) without scrutinizing the bike in person.
    Anyone who rides a bike is a friend of mine.
    My favorite bike is whatever I am riding.
    My favorite trail is where ever I am.
    Bikes and equipment are replaceable, friends and trails are not.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Lew - Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.