mtbr member
    Jul 2012

2005 Gary Fisher Opie Project Build--Pride and Joy

I inherited this frame a while ago from my upstairs neighbor. The Opie frame was almost identical to the Mullet as a slope-style HT, but came with less features. The one lucky thing was that it came with a Raceface Prodigy crankset, which I left on. Everything else I scrapped and replaced. After 6 months of building, this is the final product.

It is my pride and joy. I would be interested in seeing other people's Opie/Mullet builds...

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    Gary Fisher Opie, Fox Vanilla 140mm fork, Avid Juicy Front Brake, Avid BB7 Back Brake. Raceface Prodigy Crank, Shamano XT Hubs, Shamano XTR Rear Derailleur, Raceface Single-Chainring Front (1x9).

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I'm thinking of a chainguide, but it would have to be a bb mount. I have an internal bb, but the cup sticks out enough where I think I could make it work. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Looks nice man! I just picked up the same frame, but a little bit more beat up, last weekend. Working on building it up as a commuter/DJ. What size chainring are you running up front?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    MPR 1x chain guide is BB mount, but I think they only work with external bearing BB. They also have a clamp on version that would work well. Sweet bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Thanks guys. The chain-ring in front is a 36t. I wanted to retain the speed with the cassette I have in the back. Honestly, I like it a lot better than the three ring. Looks cleaner too. DJ would be a good fit for this bike, especially with a fixie back..

External seems to be what bb mounts are made for, but I am hoping I could make it fit. I just know it would help to tighten up the chain a bit, and make it look a lot better. They are expensive though! Especially MRP.