mtbr member
    Dec 2006

2004 GF Big Sur disc mount

Anybody have one of these or know where I can get one? Please let me know...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I paid $14.99 + tax at REI back in 2006 for the mount.
    It is a pretty universal Trek/Fisher bracket for most of their bikes from the period that were convertable.
    You should be able to get it at any Fisher or Trek dealer but it will probably be a special order item.

I had to switch out my wheelset as well when I made the conversion.

At the time I was told the part number was 210648 for the mount which was also the 'style' number at REI, their stock number was I00002765 but that might have been a special order number.
    In addition to the bracket you will need 2 M6x18mm bolts and a M5x12mm if I recall correctly. I was told the required bolts were M6x16 and M5x10 but those were too short and I had to get longer ones.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Unfortunately much has changed since 2006. These things are as rare as hen's teeth these days. I called many Trek/Fisher dealers and they either did not know what I was talking about or could not get the item. Still looking though.

R/
    Dustin

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

not my auction but this may be what you need

Quote Originally Posted by Konish
    Anybody have one of these or know where I can get one? Please let me know...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trek-Rear-Disc-B...3A1|240%3A1318

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    boscoboy,
    Thanks for the heads up...I ordered one form the other Ebay seller about 3 weeks just after I posted this. That dude Topohills is an idiot...nothing but lame-ass excuses and extended wait times.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Konish,
    I got the adaptor from Golden Bear bikes in Broomfield about 3 months ago for my '01 Big Sur.If ebay doesn't work.Price was under $15.

Squidward