mtbr member
    Nov 2010

2004 Cake 3 rear shock

Hey I am trying to find a new shock to replace the my blown out Answer Manitou Swinger 3-Way on my 2004 Cake 3. Does anyone have any reccomendations and/or eye-to-eye measurements and stroke measurements?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tmhak13
    Hey I am trying to find a new shock to replace the my blown out Answer Manitou Swinger 3-Way on my 2004 Cake 3. Does anyone have any reccomendations and/or eye-to-eye measurements and stroke measurements?
    Call your local GF/trek dealer , their book will have the spec. , at least they did for my 02 Sugar

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I called a couple local dealers and they said their info goes back only as far as '07. What's the contact info for the place you got the specs from?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Eye to Eye 7.875
    Stroke 2.3
    Top Width 40
    Bottom Width 21.8

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tmhak13
    I called a couple local dealers and they said their info goes back only as far as '07. What's the contact info for the place you got the specs from?
    George's cycle in Boise downtown store. 208 343-3782. They pulled it out of a trek manual in the GF section. My sugar is a 02 so I don't understand why they can't give you 07 info?

mtbr member
    Would you like to buy a used one?
    I still have my manitou from my 04 cake2. It was still working great when I had to replace the frame for the last time back in 07. I know I replaced the DU bushings in it at least once. So those should be good.