Thread: 09 utopia

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

09 utopia

im very new to cycling and was looking at buying a fisher utopia, i found a used one on cl for 350 in like new condition. I spoke with the owner got some info seems to be a nice bike i know when they were new it cost upwards of 800 but what im asking is this one worth 350 now, with 2011 right around the corner?

I apologize my first post is a question right away i will make another post tomorrow with some info about me thanks

Trying not to kill myself
    I think $350 is a pretty good deal for the bike, assuming it's truly like new and you don't need to spend any more money on it. If you could find a 2010 model on closeout, you probably wouldn't be able to do much better than the $600-700 range. My brother in law has a Utopia that he rides for exercise on the road & greenways, and he likes it a lot.

Plastic homer
    I have an '09 Utopia I ride a ton for commute/light trails/gravel. Great, great bike. I put Juicy 3's on it and Kenda Kross Supremes - as well as 12* Big Sweep bars - otherwise, stock.

It is essentially a first gen Genesis Fisher 29er hard-tail frame - I have put 29er wheels and Vulpines on for guest riders, and they like it too.

I will be upgrading crank and shifters one of these days, but the supplied stuff works fine. I would get the bike for $350 in a hot second.

Surprisingly, the Suntour fork has held up OK for the stuff I ride it on.