Thread: 07 rig help

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

07 rig help

Ok so my ebb is creaking like crazy. I want to take it out clean and grease it and see if this helps. Ive never eally done this before and was wondering what tool i need to remove the non drive side crank on this bike. Its and isis drive not sure if it needs a special tool or not though. Anyone know what size allen key it takes as well. and finally were is the best place to find anitseeze.

Oh and if this doesnt work what are your guy's opinion about the carver ebb from bikeman. thanks

E

mtbr member
    I have a 08 RIG. You will need a 5MM allen wrench. Loosen the bolt but don't remove it. Take a hammer and tap the back side of the allen wrench so it will loosen the wedge and then remove it. I am having to do this every three rides and I am going to be ordering the Carver EBB asap.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    whats the best way to get the crank arm off. any suggestions on that. will the 5mm take that off as well. seems like it needs to be bigger.

mtbr member
    you will need a crank arm puller for that. you can go to your local bike shop and buy one. I think they are around 15.00. It's a good investment if you plan on doing the maintenance regularly.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    first time really turnin wrenches on a bike and it went well. The cranks slid right of with the help of the right tool the ebb slid out like butter. i cleaned and used a ton of antiseeze and jumped back on. it started to creak right away but i road it for ten min or so and it seems to have worked. ill probably have to do this every few rides or so but i dont have money right now for the carver. maybe this offseason ill upgrade. thanks for the help.

erik