mtbr member

06' Fat Possum LX fork possibilities

hi, I got a new 06' fat possum about a month ago, and love the bike. Ive rode XC in so cal ans tons of DH/All Mountian at Mammoth Mountian. ALOT OF FUN. BUT!!! I think the axle to crown lenght is NOT long enough and find some situations where i wish the bike was alittle more leaned back. And wish i had more front travel, around 7" to 8" inches i wish. So i was wondering what the max axle to crown lenght fork can be fitted to my stallion, as well as what the maximum travel i could get would be. Anything over 180mm is exessive but the 160mm to 180mm is nice.

Anyway, i heard that there is a warranty issue for all bikes if the maximum axle to crown lenght is exeeded so i don't want that either. ULTIMATLEY im VERY pickey and want a longer travel fork for DH/all mountian riding, but would like to avoid 200mm purely becuase itsn't needed. And im not sure on the head joint's diameter is so i don't know if i need a 1 1/8 " or 1 1/2 ".... i think it's 1 1/8"

Thanks for any help, especially if all my questions can be answered!

ALSO what is a "BB"?? bottom bracket mabey?

Was that a Bobcat?

To answer your BB question

You are correct BB is the Bottom Bracket

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    dude buy a true resort bike if you want that much travel, or learn how to land the possum real clean. you will blow this bike to pieces if you are doing anything that really needs 7+ inches of travel. good luck, it is an all mountain bike that can take light free ride but i wouldn't push it. I ride mine at east coast resorts but am aware of its limits so I will take out the downhill bike for anything serious.