mtbr member
    May 2008

'01 Sugar 3....what's it worth?

Hey guys, i'm looking to switch to a HT 29er and wanted to get some idea what to ask for my current ride.

It's a 01 Sugar 3, bought from the orig owner. He was a small guy, bought the wrong size and never rode it. When I bought it it looked brand new, plus he seemed a bit anal judging by the cleanliness of his car and the paperwork he brought with him, so i'm sure it was cared for. I have owned it for nearly 3yrs, and have put maybe 250miles/400km on it, mostly commuting. I just don't ride nearly as much as I used to.

The only mods are Tora 302/Pig Headset, Wellgo pedals.

So, be honest, what's it worth? I have no space for 2 bikes, and any extra loot I have goes into my E30('s) anyway.

Warrior's Society
    Not much......even with the newer fork....look on Ebay and see what they have been going for......figure $200-300 max......bike is still nearly 10 years old....low mileage or not.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MikeD
    I have no space for 2 bikes, and any extra loot I have goes into my E30('s) anyway.
    E30s, plural? How many have you collected and don't you know E46s were/are the best they ever built?

Re: the bike, I was thinking around $200 when I read the post title.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    E30s, plural? How many have you collected and don't you know E46s were/are the best they ever built?

Re: the bike, I was thinking around $200 when I read the post title.

E46's...lolz. You're funny 'Bu. I have an E30 Touring at the moment, but I'm always on the lookout.

And that little, huh? Damn, I may just hold onto it then. Maybe 'ze Germans' would pay more, i'll give it a try over here. Thanks guys.