Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

What's the consensus on Fuji bikes??

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  damnitzhym 
#1 ·
Hey, I'm now looking at the Fuji Adventure FS bikes. They look like a killer deal. I have heard good things from people who own Fujis, but was wondering what you guys thought. I'm trying to decide on a 5" or 6" travel bike/frame. I can get the Adventure Comp for $960, I'd be replacing the whole drive train with SRAM and a few other odds and ends (thomson seatpost and stem, saddle, handlebars, etc.), but overall it sounds like a good deal. What do ya think?

#4 ·
Don't know about the Fuji mtbs, but I have a Fuji Track and it is excellent value for the money and has a great feel to it.

Fuji know a little about making bikes - they've been doing it since 1899

#5 ·
Yeah, I test rode one on my lunch break and it was incredibly plush. The nixon fork feels like a nice fluffy couch. I test rode the Adventure Comp and it comes with a Stratos X-Fusion O2 somethin er other rear shock, but the Adventure Hi comes with a 4-way swinger. I might just opt for the Comp, grab a 4-way swinger and put all my stuff on it and sell all the brand new stuff (stem, seatpost, pedals, saddle, handlebars, shifters, etc.) I'll let you know if/when I'm gonna do that, and then I'll put all the stuff on eBay, unless you guys want first dibs ;)

#6 ·
#7 ·
I have a 01' Fuji Thrill and works great. Nothing has broken on it. Hell even the tubes are still stock :D Somehow I get flats alot on the roadie but none on a MTB. Bike handles well and climbs very good. For the price, I couldn't ask anyhtink more from it. It's going ton get a make over this yr with a new fork. The stock is RST 85mm POS but works.

#9 ·
I ride a fuji Thrill 2005
And it is an awesome bike. The rims, front shock and frame are great and the best things about it. The disk brakes are good when adjusted right. Though I am an hard riding AM rider and have broken a few things on it. But nothing major

The only thing that was not “ride home to LBS” able was when I broke the chain. Though it was a nice scooter for the time lol.

So far awning it since February I have broke the peddles down to the spindles, the chain, and the rear cassette I bent the firs gear beyond repair.

However all in all this bike and the other fuji’s I have ridden are great bikes, they make great comfort/commute bikes.

I’s so happy with my fuji thrill and get picked on by some of the bikers I ride with because it’s a low end thing but on the trail it holds it own. Though people really like the looks of the bike too

Sorry I know this is an old post but hay spread the word.

#12 ·
Love my '08 Fuji Outland RC build. MC3.3 shock and Reba Team U-turn (which I believe are both OEM parts) give it a plush ride. It climbs well even without locking out the suspension. My other bike is a 5" travel Motobecane Fantom. I like the Moto a lot, but if I find a Fuji Reveal frame at the right price..bye-bye Moto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.