mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Thinking about a used Fuji Roubaix for $800 any opinions?

My LBS has a Fuji Roubaix with less than a hundred miles on it and they want $800 for it is that a good deal or should it be less?
    http://www.fujibikes.com/Road/Perfor...oubaixPro.aspx

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I bought it'll take me a little farther than my Haro escape lol!

MTBR Member
    It's a great bike. You may want to start putting money aside to upgrade the wheelset though. Unless you're a lightweight, they won't hold up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I'm about 160 is that okay? What pedals and shoes should I look at best bang for the buck? Like to stay under $200 shopping on eBay!

MTBR Member
    At 160# you should be alright for a while. The front gives the most trouble because it is a radially laced wheel, which will be weaker than the rear. Just don't be surprised if you start breaking spokes. A lot of companies skimp on the wheels on entry-mid level road bikes.

You can get under $200 without going to ebay. Are you looking to run SPD's(mountain pedals/shoes) or road pedals/shoes? I run mtn pedals(crankbrother's eggbeaters) & shoes(pearl izumi) on my road bike because they are easier to walk around in off the bike. Road specific shoes are flat on bottom, so if you walk around in them you will be walking on the cleats.

Best thing to do is look at what your local bike shops have to offer as far as shoe/pedal's go. Atleast get the shoes there, so you can try them on before buying.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Probably MTB shoes and pedals?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I ride the Roubaix and just got my street cleats. Pearl Ixumis and Look pedals. Love em and love the bike.