mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Should this be covered under warranty?

hello everyone. it is very upsetting that my first topic in the forum is about warranty issue.

I cracked my 2007 model Fuji Mt Sl frame couple of weeks ago. it happened while I was doing a technical climbing. the rear wheel hit to the first step of the rocky climb so fast that it cracked my frame. At first I did not realise the crack and kept on riding. after riding 10-15 minutes I checked to see what was wrong I saw that there's a fracture on the seat stay.

first of all I have to say that I did not make an accident and the frame did not hit any hard place like rock, stone or something. It happened while I was on the bike. I contacted to warranty department of fuji and here what they say:
    "After reviewing the photos of your frame the crack in the stay is not conducive with any valid warranty case we have received on this or any other carbon frame. What the pictures show is damage conducive with an impact to the tube such as during a crack or from other sort of blow. For this reason we do not consider your case a warranty."

what do you think?

Rub it............
    Not warranty. Crash replacement purchase time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

fuji sl weakness?

i had a very similar experience with my fuji SL. 25k into my first ride on it i had a very
    very minor off resulting in a crack identical to yours although in the chainstay.i returned it to the bike shop ,they then on to fuji the result was they would not replace the frame under warranty.After discussion with the bike shop (they goldcross) agreed to replace the frame many thanks to the people behind goldcross cycles. i reckon there is a definate weakness in the fuji sl frames in that area???? i