Freshly Fujified

Good job! Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today

Been eying this bike up at Performance, as they are on clearance. A couple weeks back I test rode a 15" (XS), and while it fit, the cockpit felt a bit cramped. I figured, "sleep on it" and considered that maybe a longer stem might be enough to solve the problem.

I went back today, and they had lowered the clearance price on a 17" (S) from $1599 to the same $1299 clearance price they had on the 15". A test ride proved an almost perfect fit, save the standover. Both bikes seem to have almost identical standover heights, and I have very little clearance.

Not too concerned about the standover clearance, I dropped a 25% deposit on the bike, and I now have 90 days to pay it off and pick it up.

I'm psyched!

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    I picked one of these up as well! Mine's an XS and fits me perfect, I was actually surprised it's called XS as it's 15" which normally is listed as a Small in most brands. (I'm 5'6" by the way) Anyway, I've taken it on 2 rides so far, one that was just brutal from a technical standpoint and the Fooj did great. For $1300, the level of components you get is really good. These were $2500 bikes when 'new.' I'm very happy, hope you like yours as much as I do.

Freshly Fujified

I'm 5'9" so....

..the 17" just seemed to fit better. Kinda strange, becuase every other bike I have had was either a 15" or 16" {shrugs}. Must be a Fuji geometry thing. In any event, the bike is a steal the this price and I just couldn't pass it up!

Ride on!

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Another Fuji Outland Pro rider here. I picked mine up from Performance on the 4th of July when they were having a huge sale. I was able to get it right at $1100 plus tax. I went in there yesterday to get some jerseys and shorts and they put the $1999 price tag back on it. So far really impressed with the bike for the price. I'm 5'7" and I got the medium, I actually felt better and like I had better control over the medium verses the small. Enjoy "our" bikes and keep the rubber side down.

mtbr member
    Here's a pic of mine before I removed the reflectors. It's covered in blood and scratches now LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today-11.jpg  

Freshly Fujified

... and if we just ... Quick update-I STOLE this bike

So I saw Performance now had the bike online for $999.00, and I went into the shop asking them to match it. In that the catalogue only had the XS (15") left, they couldn't match the price becuase it had to be an exact match, including size. Kudos to the manager, who said, "Here's what I'll do: There is a 15% off sale beginning tomorrow, I'll honor that discount today.". That brought the price to $1104.15. I plunked down the debit card, and paid it off. I also signed up for Team peformance (which frankly, I was reluctant to do) for $29.99, but next week, I'll have $110.00 in points to spend. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper.

What a steal!

It's up on the repair stand as we speak having the SLX triggers and R/D swapped out for SRAM X9, and I'm replacing the stock XPedo MF-3 clipless pedals for a set of Time ATAC All-Road clipless.

Pics added on 9/9/11
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today-006.jpg  

Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today-019.jpg  

Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today-025.jpg  

Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today-sram-rd.jpg  

Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today-steed2.jpg  

Last edited by Call_me_Clyde; 09-03-2011 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Added pics

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

All I can say is SWEET

Jumped in last week and bought my first 29er.
    A 2011 Fuji Outland29er 3.0
    What a diff from my first mt bike 25 years ago a $ 50 columbia LOL.
    Gonn have to where this one out.

mtbr member
    Took mine back. Had problems with the fork's remote lockout (took 4 visits to Perf Bike to get it right), once that was replaced, the rear shock started acting up (wouldn't hold air). I bailed at that point. Enjoyed riding it, but was not NEARLY as 'plush' as a friend's Giant Trance, no comparison really. Not sure I'll buy another FS bike, think it's back to hardtails for me.

Freshly Fujified

Bummer!

Quote Originally Posted by Colo Springs E View Post
    Took mine back. Had problems with the fork's remote lockout (took 4 visits to Perf Bike to get it right), once that was replaced, the rear shock started acting up (wouldn't hold air). I bailed at that point. Enjoyed riding it, but was not NEARLY as 'plush' as a friend's Giant Trance, no comparison really. Not sure I'll buy another FS bike, think it's back to hardtails for me.
    God I hope I don't end up with similar problems. Certainly won't have an issue with the lockout, as there's no real use for it IMO. As for the rear shock not holding air, that could be an issue. Hopefully yours was an isolated case. I certainly don't want to have to bring this one back!

Thanks for the heads up, though!

Bob

mtbr member
    There are lemons in every bunch of anything you buy, I'm sure yours will be fine. The bike shop would've made it right for me, but I was tired of having it in there more than on the trails. But I think I am more of a hardtail guy, that's what I'm on the lookout for now.

Freshly Fujified

More UGI sets in

Been thinking about an upgrade to the stock wheelset and I pulled the trigger today. Got a sweet deal on a set of DT Swiss 240s hubs laced to DT Swiss 4.2 rims. Should have them on the bike sometime next weekend, and I'll post more pics to the "Show us your Fuji" thread.

Freshly Fujified

And even more UGI....

Add Formula R1 rotors and a Shimano XT cassette for the new wheelset, as well as a Thomson Masterpiece seatpost and a Thomson X4 stem for the cockpit to the list. Some of the goods are still on their way. Should have pics next weekend.

Freshly Fujified

Here are the pics

Bike in it's (hopefully) final iteration can be found here:

http://forums.mtbr.com/fuji/show-us-...st8623779.html

Until, of course, I have the fork and shock PUSH'd over the winter...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I just picked up a leftover 08 fuji outland pro on ebay....i have a tahoe 3.0 very happy with the tahoe and cant wait to put miles on the outland, seems like a real solid build for a factory parts list.

Freshly Fujified

And it just doesn't stop....

Not sure if I mentioend the blue ano Thomson "Dress-up kit" that includes a top cap and faceplate, but that was put on a couple months ago. In addition, I just won an eBay auction for a NOS RockShox Monarch 4.2. It'll replace the stock Ario, which will go into the parts bin as a backup.

Now all I need to do is find the time to ride....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    this is my fuji outlander with ks drop post and easton havoc wheels. and changed my tires to butcher tires and captains. i have yet to ride after replacing the tires. after riding with this full suspension bike, i realized i needed an all mountain bike with more travel for i love jumps and drops and more technical terrains
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Outland Pro today-img_0871%5B1%5D.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I also have the Outland Pro and I am considering upgrading the ario to RS Monarch 4.2 or Fox RP23. Any opinions on either of these on this bike? I am looking to reduce pedal bob...