mtbr member
    Jul 2006

New Ride Fuji 29er

Here is my new Fuji, it is my first trip to the dark side of the 29er. So far I like it I jsut got some wheels for it Hope Pro 2's laced to Stan's Flows rims

Last thing I want to change out is the front derailleur to an XT or X9 but out side of that great bike. I wonder if I can fit a Racing Ralph 2.4 on the front and back of this.

All-most Mountain
    awesome, let us know how it rides

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Did the change in the wheels make it lighter? I'm thinking of buying A Windsor Cliff Team, but one thing I was A little concerned with is the quality of the wheels (and weight)

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    In all reality I am not worried about weight. I was concerned about the reliability of the hubs that came with the bike. If I was going to be upgrading the hubs might as well do the rims. I am sure they would be good to go but I did not want to take any chances. I plan to roll this bike into a couple of endurance events this spring and maybe hit up some XC races in the fall. Bullet proof is the game of the game for me. I will keep the stock wheels and set them so I have a spare set in case I taco a rim in a race I can just swap out and go. If I start to suspect the hubs are going south on me I will swap out the hubs but I am not worried about those rims

Bling factor LOL not really just really wanted to try out the Stan’s Flow rims and I was shocked at how fast they sealed up, compared to my stock rims with Stan’s rims strips. 30minutes to 3 days, I am sure it might have something to do with the tires I chose but it was still nice.

I can say while I do not have much time on the stock wheels (50mi) but they felt stiff with very little flex in them. By the way I am not a light weight. I am 6’3” and weight in at 240-250lbs depending on what I had for breakfast. I am well known for taking the rough lines every time

I have already raced it in one 6 hour event and I love the big wheels, beside the increased traction and being better in the rough stuff I had no real transition from my 26” wheel bike. I just had to remember to get off the brakes earlier. No need to brake like I did for my 26” bike. The bike feels light while I am on it and goes where I want it to.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Very nice. I have a Tahoe Comp myself. I fit the Big Apples in 2.3 on no problem. At the moment this is my commuter during the week, and swap out the tires for the Ignitors that came with it. My commuter is currently being borrowed. But this bike is a dream to ride (at least for me anyway). I'm a little shorter (6') but at the same weight unfortunately. Good luck and have fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dfess1
    Very nice. I have a Tahoe Comp myself. I fit the Big Apples in 2.3 on no problem. At the moment this is my commuter during the week, and swap out the tires for the Ignitors that came with it. My commuter is currently being borrowed. But this bike is a dream to ride (at least for me anyway). I'm a little shorter (6') but at the same weight unfortunately. Good luck and have fun!
    For grins and giggle I used the Fuji to commute to work on a set of crossmarks and I did enjoy it but my Kona Smoke will always be my main commuter. There are a few things that I always see on my way home from work that look like they would be a blast to ride so I to the Fuji and checked them out. Most where fun some just sucked but now I know

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Update 2-23-09

this past weekend while riding at The Breaks at Bar H I noticed the bottom bracket area of the frame flex when getting out of the saddle when climbing. I am not sure if it was the frame or the crank arms but I doubt the crank arms flexed much. As I siad ealier I am not a little guy and I know I can put out a lot of power without adding my body weight, I just hope this is not something that will turn into an issue. Only time will tell

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    i too have a tahoe 29 pro, last years, but its for all intents and purposes the same. im a relatively big guy as well, 6'5 and 215 and noticed a bit of flex at the bottom bracket, because of the bend in the chainstays (predominantly). it does make for a softer ride, but theres a touch of flex. ive got just over 500 miles on mine with no issue. i did swap a lot of components out, but still love it

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaLuke
    I can say while I do not have much time on the stock wheels (50mi) but they felt stiff with very little flex in them. By the way I am not a light weight. I am 6’3” and weight in at 240-250lbs depending on what I had for breakfast. I am well known for taking the rough lines every time
    I'm also 6'3" and I'm looking at getting the Windsor which is like the Fuji. What size frame do you have because I was thinking of getting the Large, 21".