mtbr member

New Fuji Nevada bike, What to upgrade?

So hello there people I'm new to mtbr!!!! Anyways I just acquired a new Fuji Nevada 29 1.5 and well I'm not only new here but to the biking world as well. My last bike was an old magna from toys r us when i was a kid. Steel frame that felt like it weighed at least 60 lbs! lol. Ok back on track, I was wondering if anyone may have some pointers or insights on what to look at upgrading over time on my new bike? So far I'm really enjoying it though. It seems like a very well made bike. Thanks for any help that comes my way!!!!!

Zeroplanetz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Fuji Nevada bike, What to upgrade?-fuji-nevada-1.5-2013.jpg  

Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Ditch the reflectors and save some weight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clicker1 View Post
    Ditch the reflectors and save some weight.
    and exactly how much weight would that really save? they weigh about nothing, so until I eventually do some other things ill hold off on that. thanks though.
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Have you by chance weighed your Nevada? Also if I may ask, how much did you pay? Just curious how much below MSRP they generally sell for. Great looking bike BTW. How's it holding up?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EricBE2013 View Post
    Have you by chance weighed your Nevada? Also if I may ask, how much did you pay? Just curious how much below MSRP they generally sell for. Great looking bike BTW. How's it holding up?
    Hello there, yea unfortunately I haven't been able to weigh it. to me its not heavy though an I think its rather sturdy. its held up really well. I did add some stuff like bottle holders, and I put Saint pedals on it. and new tires are a must. I got two captain armadillo elites 29 2.2 tires on. so its a tad heavier than stock now. but I love it. shifts smooth rides smooth and feels solid. as for the cost I lucked out as I didn't have to pay for it. but I know sun and ski had a sale with there bikes that dropped it down to $650. but you get decent stuff for the cost. at least in my eyes compared all other brands.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Fuji Nevada bike, What to upgrade?-screenshot-15-.jpg  

Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    May 2014
    it's about 30 lbs, i have the same bike you have and i also have a Trek 4500 that is 13 years old and that bike is lighter.

mtbr member
    I have a Fuji Nevada 1.3 19er I love it, how many miles do you have on the bike? Before getting parts I would take it out on the trail and see how she handles first but I would suggest a new BB, better quality headset with sealed bearings, the forks could use an upgrade too which is nice if you visit SR Suntour North America you can upgrade to a better quality fork for a discounted price.