mtbr member
    May 2011

New forks for my Nevada 1.0??

Just got into MTB-ing, and purchased a 2010 Nevada 1.0. It came with Suntour forks which seem to be a pretty rough ride. I paid about $500 for the bike, but want to know if it's even worth putting a good set of forks on, or if I should just upgrade to another bike? I am looking at Rock Shox Rebas.

Thank you for your input.

~Daniel

MOOSE
    while the Reba is a great fork and would no doubt make the ride feel much better I think you would be better off upgrading the whole bike. If you could get onto a bike from the tahoe series, maybe a 3.0 you would have a better overall package. The nevada frame is pretty clunky, while the tahoe frame is a more upgrade worthy platform.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Agreed, get a new bike. Get the Tahoe, or better yet, the SLM. Do it.
    Fuji Thrill hardtail SS

mtbr member
    I've got the same bike, mines almost a year old. I'd say its worth to put a new fork on. it'll make a huge difference if its a reba or something else equivalent. upgrade to another bike if you want a 29er, otherwise stick with what you've got and upgrade as things break. upgrade the fork for sure first. you won't get much for your fork, I only got $30 for mine on ebay, better off keeping it as a spare. you'll probably be a better rider by starting on a 26er.

what's "clunky" about the frame? the components on the tahoe 3.0 29er are not that much better. tahoe has shimano deore, which is equivalent to sram x.5. the fork is a tora, which is low end, you'd still have a very noticeable difference going to a reba.