www.billygoat.com

Looks like Fuji solved some peoples stand over problems

http://fujibikes.com/2006/bikes.asp?id=178

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexonxonx
    "Some peoples" standover problems? I'd like to meet the person whose standover problems aren't solved by that...

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexonxonx
    First I thought this was a joke (well OK, it's still a joke), but then I saw the 700x48 tires. That makes this a 29"er in my book. Just swap out the stem and tires. Sure it may be flexy, heavy and low in the BB, but I'm just sayin'.

Not a good commuter bike though. I rented one of these "open frame" city bikes when I was in Copenhagen last year. If you take your hands off the bars while you're waiting for a light, the bike falls down to the ground, right between your legs. Kind of embarrassing.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    It is a city bike. Many companies have similar bikes and they have been around for many decades.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Almost evey bike company in the world now has their women's "comfort" bike in this design.

mtbr member
    Damn, I was hoping this was actually going to be a real Fuji 29er. (I work for a Fuji dealer). Oh well.

highly visible
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    It is a city bike. Many companies have similar bikes and they have been around for many decades.
    True, but how many have that much tire clearance?
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

Recovering couch patato
    I'd like to buy my mom a similar bike. Her 7spd internally geared Giant (awesome bike concept really for her) has imperfect fit geometry and "only" fits 47mm Schwalbe Marathons (not really fat). She liked the bike better when I upgraded her from 38mm to 47mm tires, so I"m sure she needs the a full monty fatty bike.
    A sporty-low seat tube is good, it allows for suspension seasposts that actually work. Front shock can be good on true "comfort" bikes.

More of such bikes, and more clearance? Check out www.balloonbikes.com and be amazed... Beware, some have 26" fatties.

ravingbikefiend
    Apr 2006
    They have been building bikes like this (sans suspension) for just about as long as there have been bicycles which, for the record, were considered by Susan B. Anthony as the most important emancipator of women as bicycles offered them unprecedented mobility.

For this reason, bike manufacturers have always targetted the fairer sex by offering lady's models that were identified by their step through design... swinging a skirted leg over a high bar would have been considered completely improper in earlier times and some older bicycles even have fender skirts to protect the wearer's clothing from being dirtied or caught in the spokes.

The "ladies" model seems to have evolved into the current comfort bike with a step through for folks of both sexes that might have difficulty swinging their leg over a higher bar or might be wearing a skirt.

They also offer the benefit of allowing one to rapidly dismount if the situation warrants.
    I ride with 65'er...he's a mountain goat....But then again, we need to throw him in the mud and pack his pockets with lead shot before a scale will read him. - Psycho Mike

-Environmental stickers don't mean shite when they are stuck to CARS!-

mtbr member

TT a bit short.

Nice SO height, I think the TT is a bit short for me though.
    One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name.

[QUOTE=GlowBoy]First I thought this was a joke (well OK, it's still a joke), but then I saw the 700x48 tires. That makes this a 29"er in my book.[QUOTE]

SO if this is a 29er... are you saying 29er = hybrid?
    Hmmm...

highly visible
    [QUOTE=velocipus][QUOTE=GlowBoy]First I thought this was a joke (well OK, it's still a joke), but then I saw the 700x48 tires. That makes this a 29"er in my book.

SO if this is a 29er... are you saying 29er = hybrid?
    Hmmm...
    Can be. Just look at the Fisher Dual Sports. They're hybrids ... but also 29"ers, with the right tires mounted.

In my book, if it's capable of running 29" tires -- defined in my book as anything larger than 700x45 -- then it's a 29"er. A 29"er hybrid, maybe but with a lower stem you'd have close-to-MTB geometry for a lot of casual riders. Many hybrids won't fit anything much bigger than a 700x40-42, so the fact that this one comes stock with 700x48s got my attention.