mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Just bought a Mt. Fuji Pro - Did I make the wrong decision?

Hey guys, so I'm pretty new to biking and just know the basics.

Well I just bought a Mt. Fuji Pro for $900 (reduced from $1,300) from performance bike. (Here's a link to the specs: http://www.fujibikes.com/2005/bikes.asp?id=42). I chose it over the Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc for $800 from my LSB (http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_har...t_121350.shtml).

I bought the fuji because I felt like it had better components - although it was a little big. It was the last model in the shop (19" - which gives me 1" of clearance). That being said, my previous bike was a Specialized Hardrock 19" (which I rode for 5 years) - so I'm pretty used to it.

So my question is - did I make the wrong decision? I've been hearing really good things about the Gary Fisher on the forums. Would've my money been better spent there?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by SamOdio; 08-10-2006 at 08:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Fuji Bikes

You and I seemingly traveled the same path recently. I rode a Specialized Hardrock for a couple of years before buying both a new HT (Iron Horse Warrior Comp) and a new FS recently. I just purchased the FS a couple of weeks ago and it is a leftover 2005 Fuji Diamond RC which I got at Performance Bike. While I cannot speak specifically for Fuji hardtails as I haven't ridden one (although your specs look pretty sweet!!), I can say that for what I paid for my Diamond RC ($1450...not to mention an additional 10% back in store credit) it is one heck of a bike. I am extremely happy with it (and will submit a review of it shortly). I test rode a few other bikes priced around the same price (Specialized FSR Comp, GT I-Drive 2.0, Iron Horse Azure Sport) and thought I got far more for my money with the Fuji.
    Hope you enjoy your new ride.

mtbr member
    Fuji makes nice bikes for the money, but if something does go wrong it can take a REALLY long time for something to be done about it. One of the shops customers had his cracked frame sitting in the shop for almost a month before they sent a return, although the bike was out of warrenty (10 years old I believe) they still replaced it with this years equivilent. I dont now if this is the norm, but I was surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatarbhoy
    I have to ask for them to do a "Number two" on my head

Red Rider
    I currently have a Fuji on hold at my LBS. For the money and the way it's spec'ed out, it was a no brainer SamOdido. Hey karpiel666, I think that was a really good deal considering that the frame was out of warranty. The month that the frame sat in the shop was probably the time they were taking to seach for the same exact frame to replace it. Probably from lack of inventory for a 10 year old bike is why they made the decision to give the customer a equivalent frame. Try that with some of the other bike manufacturers out there. Most would never honor a warranty after it has expired and during the warranty period, some try to turn the tables on customers and say its rider error.
    [SIZE="5"][/SIZE]RIDE OR DIE...