Thread: Help!!! :D

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Help!!! :D

Whats up guys!!

Im kind of new at the mtb thing , and i need your help, because im gonna buy a FUJI Nevada 2.0 and i would like to know what can you say about that, just to see if im gonna make a good adquisition

Thx!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    What type of riding are you going to do? What is your budget? I have a Fuji Reveal 2.0 and love it. The Nevada 2.0 is a beginners bike with lower level components. It's a starteer bike, but once you get better you will definitely want to upgrade your components or even get another bike. Bikes are super expensive so I can understand you only wanting to spend a lower amount. The problem is with upgrading or getting a different bike, you will spend way more money than just buying a more expensive bike upfront. Either way having a bike and riding is the most important part.

As for the Fuji name it's hit or miss. Some people do not like them because they don't have the status symbol. Fuji was a name brand for road bikes and recently has expanded into the MTB world. I can tell you I am very picky and love my bike. I like that I will most likely never see a person on the trail that has one. Unlike a Specialized, Cannondale, or Trek that I see the same bike over and over. Don't get me wrong they are amazing bikes, just not my taste. Good luck with your bike and just get out there riding......

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    you are right XD im new at these, and i dont have the money enough to get a bike like yours hahaha.. on the other side i was going to get the nevada 4 or that was the bike that the distributor told me that it was ok, and then my budget get bigger so i was like mm if this guy told me that the nevada 4 is ok to start if i get the nevada 2 should be better haha thats why im asking XD

i dont know anything of components and stuff, so thats why im asking to the experienced people hehe

soo is this bike ok for a begginer?

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    What type of riding will you be doing? This is important because every bike has its intended usage. I know there are so many choices out there. Are you getting this from a LBS (local bike shop)? What is the price? Where are you from? Every bike in the under $500 category are not ment to be abused. The components will usually break if they are stressed.

The bottome line it's a good beginner bike. There are other choices as well to look at. Some include the specialized rochhopper, GT avalanche, Diamond Backs Response Comp, etc. Do some searching on other types before making the plunge if you have time. All in all your going to only get so much for the budget. Answer the questions above and I will try and help you find the perfect bike for your budget. So far I love my Fuji and it has taken everything I have thrown at it. Also realize though my components are ment to take the punishment.

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/older-catego...5_1494crx.aspx

http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/xc-har...1_1527crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    would travel on land, track, small stones, not very difficult cause im starting XD my weight is 125 kg hehe XD kind of chuby lol i actually use a huffy bike -.- i bought that on laredo like 8 years ago or even more i think any bike should be better than that heheh, im getting this from a guy that is dealer from fuji, he told me that he give me the price that is shown on the fuji webpage is on 599, im from mexico so i would be paying like 7200 pesos

i dont know if that tells you something XD

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Anything is going to be better than a Huffy. I had one and just gave it away to a friend so he could ride on the street. Are there any local bike shops around your town? Definitely look around to see what choices you can get locally. Full MSRP ($599) seems steep. Usually you can get a better deal for less than they price them. Look for a closeout or older model. Check craiglist, ebay, pinkbike. Check out internet places as well.

Just to name a few: - watch out for shipping $100+ extra - but can get a more expensive bike for cheaper

jensonusa.com
    bikedirect.com - free shipping
    performancebike.com
    rei.com - $60 shipping

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I too am looking at the Neveda 2.0. My lbs can get it for $599 however included in that price, I am getting it fully assembled, professionally fitted to my body, and a yearly tune up for the next 3 years. My lbs packs a lot of value into the price
    '14 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 29
    '14 Trek Skye (Wife)
    '12 Specialized Crux Skittles
    '13 Specialized Allez Compact