Thread: Good Deal?

mtbr member

Good Deal?

Recently I've been shopping for a starter bike. After looking at many different bikes at many different shops, I found a 2010 Fuji Tahoe Pro at a LBS for $750.

I'm a newb and really don't know much about components, but with my budget ($800) it seems that every bike I looked at had low end components. Is there any advantage at getting a 2012 bike over a 2010? Is it worth paying full price to get a current model?

There are a couple of things that are a bit different about the bike at the shop. It has a Suntour EPICON fork with remote lockout and not a RockShox. It is also red and black and not green and black. Every pic I've seen of this bike is the green. The owner of the shop said it was a European version and it wouldn't be on the Fuji site. Anyone else seen the red/black color scheme? Also, if you have this bike, I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Here are the specs for this bike (I can't yet post links).

Freshly Fujified

That's a decent deal

Nicely spec'd, although I'd rather have the RockShox fork. That said, the Epicon appears to get decent reviews. To answer your question more directly, I see no benefit in buying a new model, when you can get a brand new leftover for such a steep discuount. I just purchased a lefover 2009 Fuji Outland Pro, and could not be happier.

If they have one in your size, and it feels right and you like it, I see no reason to hold off on the purchase.

'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Cool Thanks...I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Update...after some looking around online, I found that this bike is not a 2010 but a 2009. A used one was going for $600 on Craigslist and a new one was going for $750 on still may be a good deal.