mtbr member
    May 2007

Fuji Thrill 1.0 vs Ironhorse MKIII Expert

I rode the MKIII expert for a whole week and loved it but I have access to an incredible price on the Fuji and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on either bike.

The suspension on the IH is the DW link of course but Fuji licenses the FSR suspension from Specialized so it should be a good setup too.

mtbr member
    How awesome is the price? I kinda like the look of the Fuji, but the standover of the Ironhorse would be something to think about. Is the geometry pretty good in either size you need? I favor long effective top tube with a low standover, but I like XC style riding and have an inseam on the short side for most L/XL frames.
    1997 Specialized Stumpy Pro
    1998 Specialized Allez Epic
    2007 Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite
    2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The pricing is confidential employee pricing on both.

I haven't ridden enough FS bikes to analyze the geometry well. The head tube angle is .5 degree slacker on the fuji and the top tube is a .5" longer on it and of course the travel is a little more in the rear on it and it has the same fork as the ironhorse. The standover could seem more comfortable when riding gets rough but its not a huge issue.

I'm wondering how the weld/frame quality, the quality of the bearings and stiffness of the frame is on the Fuji compared to the IH.

I'm 6'2" with a 35.75-36" actual inseam.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

thrill vs ironhorse

just a short respone to the comparison. ive been riding thrill since 99 ive been all up and down the east coast with my modified version.ive pulled a yak big tow thru the mountains of va. west va. n. carolina s.carolina,rails to trails, well you get the picture. ive been totaled out by a jeep on my 1.0 thrill and it took a licking and kept on tickin! just some minor wheel repair and i was back in buisness.in my opinion, you cant go wrong with thrill for price and durability. happy biking

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Did you get to ride the Thrill? What did you think? I might have access to good pricing on one too and am considering it.

Also, what about the Thrill 2.0 (a bit cheaper)? Anyone know if the Suntour suspension fork and shock on it are any good? Still a coil fork. No reviews yet on mtbr.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've got an MKIII- I've been really happy wit hit but I think if I could snag a bike right here, right now, I would lean toward the Thrill. Fuji packs a great spec for the price. I rode the Reveal last year and just loved it.

What did you go with?
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!