mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Fuji/SE 650B rumors confirmed

Its good working in a bike shop again, I talked to the Fuji Rep yesterday. He confirmed that they will probably have a geared 650B bike around Mid to Late summer as a 09 model. Its possible they might only have a SE bikes model and/or Fuji models. He did ask, "I don't see the point honestly, when you already have 26" and 29". I then cured him of his ignorance by explaining my personal experience with 96ers and 29ers. Silly roadies

Cheers

mtbr member
    Is that a hardtail or fs frame? I think part of the appeal of these is that not everyone gets it, personally, but I'm a rebel...B-)

nothing relevant to say
    I emailed SE and Fuji regarding this. About a month ago I mentioned on 650BPalace.com that a company confirmed this. That company was SE Bikes. They confirmed Fuji would have the 650B MTB hardtail.
    I feel this will give Fuji the push it has needed to really break into the legitimate MTB market, as I do not feel they have a strong foot hold there (or here, rather). I'm a bmxer from the 90s and it was pretty cool to have Todd Lyons replying to my email....
    Fuji will probably drop their 29er for this project. We'll most likey see a prototype at Interbike this year.
    Good work RFS. Keep up the contacts on the frontline!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Definitly Hardtails, didn't here anything about FS bikes. The only variances look to be geared or SS.

mtbr member
    do you know if their current 26" outland FS frames would fit a 650b wheel in the rear?