Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Reveal?

mtbr member

Fuji Reveal?

Anyone else find the Fuji Reveal 2.0 to be a pretty sexy beast?

http://www.mountainbiketales.com/reviews/reveal.htm

It 'aint cheap but it seems pretty slick.
    Rethink all that you know and perhaps you'll realize how much you don't.

Big fan of Mountain Bike Tales magazine.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    it seems really good....I can't wait to see one. the thing to remember about fuji is their markup. They are carried (exclusively now?) by performance, and you can expect to pay several hundred less than the MSRP. I really like both reveals, the only letdown is the rear shock/fork selection on the 2.0.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    .Yeah saw that review myself- wouldn't hesitate to get that one (or the 1.0) in a heartbeat if I had the scratch.

Also I didn't realize they were distributed through Performance. Honestly, I don't even know of a Fuji dealer around me. That was perhaps the biggest obstacle for me personally.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    yep, you just never see them online because Fuji, like many other manufacturers, prohibits dealers from selling their product mail-order. I've sold countless Fuji road bikes (last summer), and they make some really nice stuff. Never considered their mountain bikes to be much at all, but the Reveal line looks solid, especially with the obviously stumpjumper-inspired frame.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I'll be purchasing the Reveal 2.0 very soon(maybe tomorrow). I'll post pics and let you know what I think asap. My road ride is an 07 Team Issue, which I could not be happier with. My LBS is a Fuji dealer, seeing these bikes in person has heavily influenced my purchases. If you get a chance check them out, they are amazing!

SC

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Definitely looking forward to your thoughts once you get a few crank rotations in on her.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Here she is boys and girls! I haven't had the chance to get out and ride it yet. Today and tomorrow should bring my first test rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    That looks amazing! How much is it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Never ask a ladies weight (or cost). Both will get you in trouble.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Absolutely beautiful! I love that bike.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by teamstaton
    Here she is boys and girls! I haven't had the chance to get out and ride it yet. Today and tomorrow should bring my first test rides.

Nice bike!

I really like the new headtube look they used, similar to Trek. Curvy like a sexy woman!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I just bought one myself. I took it down to Fruita last weekend to break it in. What a sweet ride. The fork and rear shock might not be the priciest on the market, but they work great. Who needs a pro-pedal feature when there's no pedal bob? The new XT brakes are unbelievable and may even get better as they wear in. I like that Fuji didn't skimp on components - XT all around, so you know it's going to perform. Great geometry for X-C riding - not too upright or laid back like a lot of "all-mountain" bikes out there today. So it climbs like a hardtail and is also very light for a 5" travel bike. Even the tires are great (although based on reviews I've read I don't expect them to last that long). What a ride!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    msrp on the 2.0 is $3130, but fuji's msrps are always inflated. besides, their major dealer is Performance and they always knock a few hundred off. Catch them in a good sale and I bet you could manage to get one for around $2600-$2700 is my guess. the 1.0 is $4240.

btw, what size and how tall are you? thanks
    Last edited by crazylax42; 04-17-2008 at 05:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    crazylax42: Mine pictured is a 19". I'm 6'3" and it fits.

freshtracks: I'm in agreement with everything you said. The build and component selection is wonderful. I had my first good ride this afternoon and was completely impressed. Once I get the shift points dialed in I'll be set.
    All the reviews stand true, it's a great all around machine.

sidenote: I switched out those mallets (used to ride out of the shop) for Time ATAC's.

user-created
    It needs square tubing. Also, make sure you have a light if you're going to ride at night.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Crazylax42: I am just over 6' tall and I bought a medium (19"). The fit guide on the Fuji website puts me on a large, but the bike's geometry suggested they were wrong. The Medium is a great fit for me. Like I said before, it has a longer top tube than a lot of 5" travel bikes out there - I looked at Titus motolites, for example - the 19" Titus has a 590 mm virtual top tube, the Fuji's is 610mm. I have slightly shorter arms and legs for my height, and I like my MTB a little on the smaller side anyway, so it was an easy choice to go with M over L.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    cool. thanks for the info.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007

Fuji Report One Year Later

I'm trying to revive this thread to see if Teamstaton and others could give me some feedback, pros and cons on the Reveal 2.0.

Also am wondering if there is that much of a change, besides the frame's downtube, is there from the 2008 to the 2009 model.

Thanks!
    Lyndon
    Salt Lake City

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I know I posted it above, but if you missed it, the following review really sums it up (I was there for part of that test- great bike):

http://www.mountainbiketales.com/reviews/reveal.htm

As far as I know, there were no changes between 08 and 09 other than color options.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks, Slim. I did read all that, and was just trying to see if people who had had the bike for last season could give me some more insights.
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    Lyndon
    Salt Lake City

mtbr member
    Hey Lyndon,

I must have about 10 good rides on my reveal now. It's a sweet bike. I don't know how to edit my review but I did fix that squeak I mentioned. It was in the rears suspension pivot point near the dropout. The teflon bushings just needed a little cleaning and lube and its all good now. Just yesterday I got out for a good ride. One particular climb usually had me in my small front chainring when I got to the top. I did it on the fuji and was able to stay in the middle chainring. The thing climbs awesome, descends awesome, corners awesome. What else is there to it?

Anyways, happy hunting. Keep us posted on what you pick up...
    Last edited by Cracka; 03-28-2009 at 08:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hey Lyndon,

I just picked up a 2009 model (they were out of 08s in medium). The bike is light (for a 5" travel), fast, stable and climbs great. I I took it out for a twenty six mile spin yesterday and everything was smooth like butter.....drops, rocks, roots, etc. Bottomline is I love this bike. If you buy it you won't be disappointed.

Like Slim Twisted said there is really no difference between the 08 and 09 other than the paint job. Grab an 08 if they have your size and you'll save a few bucks.

mtbr member
    I just picked up ANOTHER Reveal 2.0 to pillage the XT components for another build. Now I've got a Large Fuji reveal 2.0 frame and Rock Shox Ario 2.2 Shock for sale. Any suggestions on what a fair price for this stuff might be or where best to advertise it? Anyone had luck on mtbr classifieds?

mtbr member
    I bought a Reveal 1.0 early this year and the bike is amazing. The build is one of the best I've ever seen and it super light. Many of my buddies who ride much more expensive bikes as well as a few guys from my LBS were all surprised by how well the bike rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I got to test ride the Fuji Thrill and the Reveal back to back. While the Thrill was really nice, it was a bit heftier and beefier than the trails around me demand. I still stick with the claim that the Reveal is the perfect blend of weight and travel. It does everything really well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast