mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Fuji Rakan thoughts

Any thoughts on the new Fuji Rakan with the W-Link? I have seen very little press on them so far. It should be 27.5+ compatible, right? I'm looking at some other higher priced Full Suspension Boost spacing 29ers but for $3149 the Rakan 1.3 looks to be well priced. The only negative I have come across in some comments is the 69 degree head angle, seems like more bikes in this category are going with a more slack angle. The other bike I'm looking at has a 67.5 degree. How does the M-Link stack up to the VPP, DW-Link, Split Pivot, FSR, etc? Other thoughts?

Fuji Bikes | MOUNTAIN | TRAIL | RAKAN 29 1.3

Fuji Rakan thoughts-16_fuji_rakan_29_1.3_side.jpg

I throw poo
    Check out reviews of the breezer repack, it uses the same suspension, and is from the same parent company.
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

mtbr member
    As long as you're not stranded on an island and that is your only remaining bike option in the whole world I wouldn't bother. If you're looking for a 27.5+ full suspension bike that will take 29" wheels as well check out the new stumpjumper 6fattie. The option to switch wheels sounds very promising to me because you're not entirely stuck on the yet quite unproven 27.5+ standard. I testrode on of these once and was instantly hooked though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I have no dog in the fight so honestly just curious. What is your issue with the Fuji Rakan?

mtbr member
    Looks a lot like a Breezer Supercell. Same suspension design. Theres a full thread on the supercell on this forum somewhere, people seem to like them

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbakercad View Post
    I have no dog in the fight so honestly just curious. What is your issue with the Fuji Rakan?
    no issues (apart from geometry and suspension design)
    If you decide for Fuji it means you decide against all the other, better established brands. And why would you do that, sound illogical to me?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Calf View Post
    no issues (apart from geometry and suspension design)
    If you decide for Fuji it means you decide against all the other, better established brands. And why would you do that, sound illogical to me?
    There's lots of reasons people choose brands other than the big 3. Value is the biggest one.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

I throw poo
    Fuji is hardly unestablished, they're just not very popular on the dirt side.
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

mtbr member
    Last edited by Cracka; 11-07-2015 at 03:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    the Rakan is not the "same" as Breezer. Some tweaks in geo that should make it a wee bit more versatile. I came across the Rakan looking at the Auric and reading some early reviews - like the Repack, the Auric has some geo changes - and from reviews - sounds like Fuji got em right... intriguing bikes - and not one review of the Breezers or Fuji state anything other than the m-link is a real deal rear suspension design. I think this bike has some real merit - but best you let a test ride truly decide that for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    It is not the same bike at all! Different geometry, just uses the same MLink platform. I personally ride the 1.3 and i absolutely love it. It is a responsive climber and a more than capable climber. I've beat the heck out of it at dirt jumps and downhill trails too and would recommend it to anyone wanting a mid travel 29er.