Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fuji People?

I throw poo

Fuji People?

Are there any Fuji folks out there? I've never seen anyone else actually on the trail riding one, I mean I know someone has to be riding them 'cause Fuji keeps making them. lets have some pics too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

mtbr member
    I just got a fuji outland pro about 2 weeks ago, I realy like this bike especialy the way it looks. The first thing I am gonna upgrade is the fork to a RS Reba SL, i am just to heavy for the Suntour.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I throw poo
    Nice, I like the paint.

mtbr member
    Thank, you got a nice looking bike too. Someday I will have to get a full suspension, but for now I just need to get back into the sport.

Fashionably functional...
    I have one of thse folding Fuji from a few years back. Does that count??? I've upgraded it with parts taken off my other bike upgrade projects so it's more bling than the stock. Right now it just dits there but I may convert it into a single speed.
    What's the joy of living if you can't feel alive???

I throw poo

Good job!

It's a Fuji, it counts.

mtbr member
    wow, not that many fuji people responding. Hey lovemonkey how long have you had your bike, and how well has your frame held up?

I throw poo
    Since october last year. My frame has held up fine. The linkage gets creaky sometimes, but I just snug the bolts back up. I've only put like 700 miles on it though.

mtbr member
    So would you buy another one? In the future I may look into a fuji full suspension.

I throw poo
    Oh yeah, there isn't anything wrong with the quality of their frames, they actually manufacture for other companies. I may buy an Adventure, or whatever they're calling their long travel bike now, I've almost out-grown the capabilities of this one. Plus I kind of like being the only one on a Fuji on the group rides. I'm getting one of their road bikes just as soon as I can.

mtbr member
    hi
    i got my fuji month ago, and it is sick bike. i decieded for this one over other brands because of comfort and look of this one. it is great so far.

[IMG]
    http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/2220/dsc016792zh.jpg[/IMG]

I throw poo

Good job!

That's nice, very good looking. Dosn't seem to have enough dirt on it though. What do you think of the Dual-Control?

mtbr member
    Great looking bike brankulo, it's great to see another fuji person on here. What other brands did you consider?

mtbr member
    hi
    when i took those pictures it was the day i bought it. i considered all the major brands like trek kona secialized gt giant ironhorsen gf... when looking for the bike. than i walked in in supergo and test rode fuji adventure and i knew i wanted it. my first impresion was that the frame geometry fits me the best of all bikes i had ridden before. and the comfort of riding is very good. it is great bike once again, has top components and i got it for the half of retail price. dual controls work well for me i didnt need much time to get used to them, i dont get any interference between shifting and breaking. If anyone thinks of getting this bike i highly recommend it. and it has horst link too so thats nice.

mtbr member
    Just in case anyone else is reading this thread, I wanted to comment on Fuji's customer service. Before I bought my bike, I emailed their warranty support to find out the frame warranty, 'cause I had heard that it was lifetime, but I wasn't sure. They replied very promptly, although their answer was that they only had a 5 year warranty. I am ok with a five year warranty on the frame, since that seems to be about standard. And just over the weekend I emailed their tech support to get geometry information, because I am thinking of switching to a 100mm fork. They replied today and were very polite in the email. Just wanted to let everyone know that they seem to have A+ customer service.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I just bought a 05 fuji diamond pro. I bought it as my XC bike. I have a Intense Uzzi SL (5 1/4 travel F&R), its a little heavy for the less hilly trails we ride at night. The Intense will be used for the more technical spots, The Fuji for the faster smoother trails. I bought it since they license the FSR design from specialized. I really like the active rear on the climbs. Will post pics later...............

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry03cobra
    I just bought a 05 fuji diamond pro. I bought it as my XC bike. I have a Intense Uzzi SL (5 1/4 travel F&R), its a little heavy for the less hilly trails we ride at night. The Intense will be used for the more technical spots, The Fuji for the faster smoother trails. I bought it since they license the FSR design from specialized. I really like the active rear on the climbs. Will post pics later...............
    Can't wait to see pics, the Diamond Pro looks like a great bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Did my first night ride on the fuji....loved it. I love the ride if the intense, it LOVES technical sections, just alittle slow on the flats. Its fine for a epic group ride, but at some of the faster trails it kills me. I love the active FSR (horst link) bikes. They really bite on climbs, I feel they help with traction on steep climbs. I bought the Fuji for night and less technical rides.

Only a couple probs with the fuji

1) bars/stem/grips-not really a prob, just prefrence. they are 31.8, 25in wide, I like my bars a little wider (26). And with the larger dia bar, puts the light mount a little too close to the front brake cable causing a slight bend, swapping for easton 27 in wide, standard dia bar and stem.

2)Grips- again, prefrence item. Like the WTB weirwolfs. Also the fuji grips are a little short.

3)Saddle- once again, prefrence item, swapped the WTB for a flite.

4)Front shock- Manitou black 120 w/lockout. Its fine, just want a little lighter and less travel. Prolly gonna go with a Reba SL U-turn(3.5lb, the manitou is 4.4 lbs), leave it set at the 85mm to match the shorter travel setting in the rear. Would like to go with a 80mm Fox air shock....but too much $$

Here are some pics,
    Pre ride pic

With his big brother, intense UZZI SL

My road bike, 05 fuji professional, dura ace, carbon crank. 16.4 lbs
    Last edited by Bry03cobra; 10-20-2005 at 01:55 PM.

I throw poo
    That's a sweet little colection of bikes you have there. I can't wait ato add a road bike to my stable.

mtbr member
    Nice Bikes, how do you like the fuji Road bike? Is that a carbon fram on the fuji road bike?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rdickens48
    Nice Bikes, how do you like the fuji Road bike? Is that a carbon fram on the fuji road bike?
    yes, carbon frame, fork and cranks. I love it, 0n our 50 mile road rides, I feel so much stronger at the end of the ride. Not only is it lighter than my old road bike, but the carbon eats up some of the bumps. My body takes less of a beating. Im "beefey" Around 220, 5'9 tall. Have some occasional back probs from football when I was younger. My last road bike (03 specialized allez comp,full ultegra carbon fork and post, full alloy frame) Was a compact geometry sized frame, was rather stiff. I would sometimes have some back probs after longer rides. Fuji has a 105 carbon bike for 06. My 05 had a MSRP of $3500. Im sure the 06 105 bike is much less.

BTW the diamond MSRP was around $2000, I paid $1400

mtbr member
    Are any of you guys riding the fuji bikes big guys, that may fall into the clyde category? I wheigh about 250 now looking to drop, once i get the time to start riding more. I am just wondering how this frame will hold up, it looks real strong and sturdy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Im around 220, Just got the Diamond, so time will tell. But, I will tell ya this, I ride my road bikes HARD. (oxymoron, I know) I usually bunny hop all train tracks, I hate to pinch flat. Sometimes I will sprint and hop both tracks rather than 2 quick hops. Im also that idiot on group rides that tries to be the clown, usually hop over road kill, (havent had the chance to hop a deer though.) Have had no probs at all. its a 16.5lb carbon Fuji Professional.

mtbr member
    Cool, what frame does the Diamond have? Mine has the Altair 2 frame.

mtbr member
    So, why do the fuji mountain bikes get such a bad rap? I don't see really any difference between them and other bikes. I have been enjoying mine, and the only things I want to replace are the fork because I am a heavy guy and the deore rear derailer. My frame seems very sturdy and doesn't seem to have a problem with my weight. Of course I am still a beginner and don't really know any better right now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast