mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Fuji Outland Pro....Thoughts

Hey guys, my friend is looking at this bike and can get a sweet deal on it. What do you guys think? I don't have any experience with the Rock Shox, the rear doesn't have Pro Pedal. What's the deal with this on a $2500 bike?

http://www.fujibikes.com/2007/bikes.asp?id=299&subcat=

Thanks!!
    Last edited by jamisguy; 05-02-2007 at 04:52 AM.
    07 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0
    07 Fuji Tahoe Pro

Former Bike Wrench
    Interesting...

It appears to have a FSR pivot...this is not a guarantee of a good ride (the Giant NRS is an example of a poor riding FSR pivot bike IMO) but if done right it looks pretty good. The shock actually does not have platform dampening...though it does have a lockout (BTW-Propedal refers to Fox's platform dampening only...it is not a generic term).

When I think of $2500 bikes...I certainly don't think Fuji (at least for Mountain bikes). Especially when your buddy could get a the real FSR bike (Stumpjumper FSR Comp) for under $2200 with IMO better components.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well, I think anytime you spend this kind of money on a bike you can't go wrong. Fuji is an excellent brand so I'm not concerned about that, plus he can get it for under two grand. It's speced just as good as any other bike in this price range, so I'm just looking for any input in reference to the Rock Shox Ario 2.2 rear shock? Thanks for your reply. Anybody else with any thoughts on this??

Thanks!!
    07 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0
    07 Fuji Tahoe Pro

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Ttt
    07 Jamis Dakar XAM 2.0
    07 Fuji Tahoe Pro

There's no app for this.

I would agree

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    Interesting...

It appears to have a FSR pivot...this is not a guarantee of a good ride (the Giant NRS is an example of a poor riding FSR pivot bike IMO) but if done right it looks pretty good. The shock actually does not have platform dampening...though it does have a lockout (BTW-Propedal refers to Fox's platform dampening only...it is not a generic term).

When I think of $2500 bikes...I certainly don't think Fuji (at least for Mountain bikes). Especially when your buddy could get a the real FSR bike (Stumpjumper FSR Comp) for under $2200 with IMO better components.
    it's hard to buy a bad bike now, and the Stumpy, among others like the Kona Dawg, has great reviews and technology proven over 6+ years of production.

Just my 02, Jim