mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Fuji Outland Pro 2005 for $260

Total newbie here.
    I just bought a 2005 Fuji Outland Pro yesterday for the absurd amount of $260, including Ironman ILS helmet, cateye computer, air pump, and lock. I couldn't believe my luck, the seller is an army doctor leaving the D.C. area and being transferred to Hawaii. The bike is in mint condition, and it seems to be completely stock except for the pedals (wellgo MG1).

I am completely new to the sport, so I have two main questions:

1) How much would this bike sell for under normal circumstances (I just wanna get an idea of how lucky I was, I believe I got a once in a blue moon kind of deal, but what do I know)

2) Any recommendations as of initial care, maintenance, part replacements, etc. that you might suggest? The bike wasn't used at all for the past two years, so I just want to make sure I give it the proper care before I take it on the trails.

Initially I'll be riding city/light trails around D.C. but I want to go into the heavier rides around town.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cronopatias; 08-02-2009 at 08:10 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    The Outland pro sold for around $650 new in 2005. The Outland series moved to a FS bike in 2006 and increased in price substantially. Most bikes will lose about half their value over time so a reasonable price of $325 would have been normal for this bike. Since it is a bad economy, the price of $260 is not such a GREAT deal but not a bad bike for the price. It's more important you are happy with the bike than the deal.

As far as care for the bike, either take it to a LBS to have tuned up or do a search for bike care on this forum as the topic has been discussed 1000's of times.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Thanks Mount Dora,

Great to know the original price in case I want to resell it at some point. I have been riding it and I love this bike, it's really solid on the trails, although one of the Continental wheels got bent this weekend. I'm taking it to the shop today for the suggested tune-up.

Thanks!