mtbr member
    Jun 2013

Fuji Nevada 1.9 29er singlespeed

Recently converted my fuji to a singlespeed. Loving it. Good entry level bike that you can upgrade over time. Feels solid and rides good for the money.

mtbr member
    How did you change the frame? Maybe I'm dumb or blind but it looks different then the stock photos.... sorry I'm rather newish to all this...
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I didn't change the frame. It's stock. Only thing I've chained is switching it to a singlespeed. Getting some better wheels next week so I can have a free hub in the back instead of a freewheel. It's been a great bike. I've been hitting the trails pretty hard nearly every day. A bit heavy a 32 LBS but I can lighten it up with new wheels and some other things. But I'm really ok with it how it is.

mtbr member
    Must be a smaller frame then. I have a Nevada 29 1.5 and its frame is shaped slightly different. Anyways nicely done!
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Some updated pics with new mavic wheels and singlespeed kit.

mtbr member
    May 2013

how'd you do that

Hey bud,
    I have the same bike as you as was thinking of going SS. I was wondering what all you used, if you are still digging it? Thanks bud.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bastard3-3 View Post
    Hey bud,
    I have the same bike as you as was thinking of going SS. I was wondering what all you used, if you are still digging it? Thanks bud.

Man I really love this bike. The frame is great. I ride the heck out of it and I ride pretty hard at times. I've upgraded quite a bit. In order to go singlespeed, I bought some new mavic Crossride wheels in order to have a free hub in the back. The stock bike has a freewheel and I couldn't get the chainline straight enough with the stock wheel. Free hubs allow you to use spacers in order to get the rear cog where you need it. I've upgraded my handlebars to some wider forte bars that I got from performance bicycle. Added a vuelta crank in order to use one chainring up front. I recently added a WTB pure V saddle. At $35 it is an awesome saddle and looks good. Her is a muddy pic of her as she is. The new seat isn't in this pic though. Let me know if you have other questions.

mtbr member
    May 2013

a few more

Thanks, just a few more. What is your gear ratio, did you have to switch the BB,

mtbr member
    May 2013
    And where did you find the cag and spacers?
    sorry my phone is horrible to type on.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    And where did you find the cag and spacers?
    sorry my phone is horrible to type on.

It has the stock bottom bracket. I bought the spacers from britton bikes off 1604. They had them sitting on the shelf for awhile. You can buy the kit on line. It is an origin 8 singlespeed kit. It comes with the spacers and the chain tensioner. Britton bikes had the kit but since I had the tensioner already, they sold me the spacers and kept the other tensioner. They may still have it. My gearing is 32T up front and 18T in the back. It was hard at first but now I'm used to it and love it. If I would of went with 20, it would be way too easy now. I got the rear cog from britton bikes for next to nothing. They sold me the spacer, cog and lockring for $15.00. Really good people there. They had it laying around the shop, it was used but in good condition. Vuelta crank I ordered on line for about $25.00 from the vuelta website. I used the middle chainring on it and took the other two off and then found a ra e face bash guard at a local Frankenbike swap meet for $3.00. I know that performance bicycle has a singlespeed kit with 3 cogs, spacers and a tensioner for about $30.00. They have it in stock. I saw it in the display case where they have the cassettes and other components. Hope that helps

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Alright here we go,
    Ordered up that same crank (vuelta) couldn't pass it up it was so cheap. DMR StS conversion kit, and am shopping around for a new back rim and pedals. Going to replace the bars and stem next pay day. Thanks for all the advice, I will let you know how it goes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Alright here we go,
    Ordered up that same crank (vuelta) couldn't pass it up it was so cheap. DMR StS conversion kit, and am shopping around for a new back rim and pedals. Going to replace the bars and stem next pay day. Thanks for all the advice, I will let you know how it goes.

I saw some 29er rims on Craigslist for a good price. WTB brand. May want to check there too.