mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Fuji Nevada 1.7 with disc brakes

Looking to get back into riding and try out some trail riding, I'm looking at buying a fuji 1.7 hardtail. Can anyone give any feed back on this bike it would be helpful thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibajan View Post
    Looking to get back into riding and try out some trail riding, I'm looking at buying a fuji 1.7 hardtail. Can anyone give any feed back on this bike it would be helpful thanks.
    that's the bike my brother was looking at getting because he didn't want the same one as me but couldn't go to high in cost. Sadly he didn't want to wait for one to be ordered so he got a Raleigh talus 29. Although he says my Fuji feels lighter than his and that's after I've put heavier tires and pedals on. But Fujis are good. Still come with a lifetime warranty. And the components are ok for that price range. So if you can take it out for a ride see how it feels. And if you like don't hesitate. Fujis are solid. I really enjoy mine alot. That I know.
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    thanks for the reply, i like the specs of the bike plus i cant complain about the price $3500 but only 6 months warranty at the lbs. I'm torn between the fuji 1.7d, cannondale trail 7 and a specialize hardrock d. The cannondale being the most expensive $4500 with way better components ,the specialize i dont really the components on it and the fuji i am sort of drawn to. Ost of the threads are saying put out the extra and get a better bike ,it will be better in the long run.

mtbr member
    thanks for the reply, i like the specs of the bike plus i cant complain about the price $3500 but only 6 months warranty at the lbs. I'm torn between the fuji 1.7d, cannondale trail 7 and a specialize hardrock d. The cannondale being the most expensive $4500 with way better components ,the specialize i dont really the components on it and the fuji i am sort of drawn to. Ost of the threads are saying put out the extra and get a better bike ,it will be better in the long run.
    think you meant 350 and 450? Anyways, if the the mfg offers a lifetime warranty on the frame wouldn't the lbs who sells there bikes be the one who is the middle man? The components are warrantied through the respectful makers like Shimano or sram as well which most likely won't be a lifetime warranty. As such you lbs probably offers 6 months as a return policy or for free tune ups and what have you. I personally think specialize is more name than the fujis which is more for what your paying for. If your looking at topping out at 450. Look for the one that feels best for you and if it comes with a lifetime frame warranty then it'll be decent to start with. Its true though the more you spend the better components you get and the more you save in the long run. But if you do that probably be looking at least a grand to spend. I say get the Fuji. They really are Nice bikes and take alot of abuse.
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Ok so today i went back to two of the lbs, looked at the fuji 1.7 ,then i saw the 1.5 so i inquired about it,it comes with fork lock out and hydraulic brakes , i didnt see that bike before, pulled up the specs and i like what i saw. went to the other lbs who sells specialize and they got the hardrock sport disc for less than the fuji. pulled the specs on that as well and only slight differences ,i am soo confused now.

mtbr member
    Ok so today i went back to two of the lbs, looked at the fuji 1.7 ,then i saw the 1.5 so i inquired about it,it comes with fork lock out and hydraulic brakes , i didnt see that bike before, pulled up the specs and i like what i saw. went to the other lbs who sells specialize and they got the hardrock sport disc for less than the fuji. pulled the specs on that as well and only slight differences ,i am soo confused now.
    Well looking at the specs from the 29er version the Fuji's are better. Its fork is 100mm travel with hydraulic lockout versus the specialized with 80mm with mechanical lockout. Xct,xcm,xcr I believe is the quality level. The Fuji is the xcm and the specialized is the lower quality xct. Also the Fuji has a bigger rotor for better braking. The Fuji also has a 9 speed cassette versus the specialized 8 speed. Spec for spec the Fuji seems to one up the specialized on most all. I have a video on youtube you can see my bike. I love the Nevada 29 1.5. follow the link on the Fuji forum under New Fuji video on youtube. Another thing to note the fujis stock tires are 2.1 versus 2.0 on the other. But in the end its what you feel comfortable with. I've seen the Fuji Nevada 29 1.5 as low as $599 and as much as $799 I got mine for $630 at sun and ski. And they gave me some freebies like a helmet and such. But was also during a sale. So may see what other places sell it for and see if your labs could price match or come close to it?
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    i was looking at the 26 versions of the 2 and i agree with you the fuji seems better spec than the specialized. i will look at the video. As for places that sell these brands there are not much in my region of the world. There are 4 major bike shops here in trinidad and each sell specific brands, 1 sells fuji 2ndt one sells specialized and giant 3rd sells trek
    4th sells schwinn and raleigh and some other brand. So to get both bikes side by side to try them out is impossible and each shop is situated at different parts of the country

mtbr member
    Specialized, trek, and giant are definitely the more well known for mtb but the Fuji's are every bit just as capable. But because the others are or sell more they don't offer as good of specs as some others. Well at least from my experience in the US. Play the game, go to your lbs with Fuji an tell them your also considering a specialized and see if they will try to lower the price some?
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    good idea ,will try that

mtbr member
    Awesome! Well let us know what you decide. I'm going to bed lol.
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    i bought the fuji 1.5 26er ,cant wait to ride it

mtbr member
    Awesome! Have you taken it out yet?
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    yip ,wasted no time ,bought it the saturday rode it on the trails sunday

mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Question

yip ,wasted no time ,bought it the saturday rode it on the trails sunday
    Would you mind telling me where you bought you bike and how much you payed for it?... I'm planing on buying a Fuji Nevada 1.7 26" although I am inclining more towards a 650b, the the Fuji just looks phenomenal.
    http://media.performancebike.com/ima...8-RED-SIDE.jpg

Thank you,

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Marienx View Post
    Would you mind telling me where you bought you bike and how much you payed for it?... I'm planing on buying a Fuji Nevada 1.7 26" although I am inclining more towards a 650b, the the Fuji just looks phenomenal.
    http://media.performancebike.com/ima...8-RED-SIDE.jpg
    Thank you,
    were are you living ? i live in the Caribbean ,Trinidad to be exact and my bike cost me $4500

mtbr member
    which is about $750 USD. not a bad price.
    2013 Fuji Nevada 1.5 D