mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Fuji Nevada 1.0 vs Fisher Wahoo Disc

I tried searching but couldn't really find a direct comparison of the two. Pricing is about the same. The main difference I see is that the Fuji has a lockout on the fork. Anyone care to give their $.02 on their experience? Thanks.

All-most Mountain
    fwiw i have a nevada 3.0, and have ridden a friends 2.0. both were very solid and trouble-free.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    +1 on the Fuji- The bike is quite solid, well spec'ed for the price and handles abuse like Whitney Houston.
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Never ridden the nevada but I have owned a Wahoo Disc for over a year now. I love the bike's handling and has taken some abuse. Only think I have replaced is the chain. Go ride both and then choose.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    My dad has the Nevada 1.0, and it's a solid bike. It has lock-out as well, and the fork is a bit different from the website. The only issue I have is it has a somewhat short top-tube that is more beginner-oriented, not really a good xc-stretch. not sure about the fisher. The Nevada is quite the looker too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I've done a little more research since I started this thread (thanks for all the replies). The only thing I find a bit disturbing is the Tektro brakes on the Fuji. I can't seem to find any good reviews on them, but plenty of bad ones...mainly reliability and availability of parts. Anyone have any personal experiences with these?

Thanks.

CatWalkKing
    I have the 2009 Nevada 1.0 and although I'm a newbie, my opinion is that the bike is really heavy when comparing to other HT. I had mine weighed and it was 32.85lbs. The brakes are pretty crappy IMO, and the components are just okay. I have started to replace things already, but overall, the bike has been very solid. No mechanical issues, and it is a nice looking which helps. The fork is pretty good for the price, and the lockout works well. Good deal for the price, I think...
    The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the devil. Buy the ticket, take the ride

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I have an 05' nevada 1.0 and it still rides like new

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Is $630.00 a rediculous price for a nevada 1.0?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Kinda. I just paid $389 for mine at a local sporting goods store. I immediately upgraded the stem and bars to an Easton set and havent looked back. I originally got this bike as a replacement for my stolen 2007 Specialized Hardrock Spot Disc. I can say for certain the Fuji is a much lighter bike and more nimble as well. With a few other upgrades its a very serviceable hardtail

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Buying my wife a 2009 nevada 1.0 for $454.99. Its brand new and the knocked a $100 off cause its an 09. I ride a 09 wahoo(white n red) with bb7s on the front.

mtbr member
    My LBS has the 2010 Nevada 1.0 for $579 or the Nevada 3.0 for $379. Not sure the 1.0 is worth the extra $. Both are considerably heavy for a hard tail 26"er at 32+ lbs.

What would be comparable with a little less weight?