mtbr member
    Mar 2004

New question here. Fuji mountain bikes?

Has anyone tried the Fuji mountain bikes? I know they are known primarily for their road bikes, but their mountain bikes look pretty sweet.

It seems like they're primarily used in the UK I guess. Performance carries Fuji, but they don't even have any of their mountain bikes in stock.

Just curious.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Ive have seen only a few

There were a few people I have seen riding them. More recently I asked a guy how he liked the bike and he said he loved it. It was pretty darn light too. I like the bikes myself. The color schemes are a little too "pretty" for me but patriotic I guess.

Cool frames.

Quote Originally Posted by RC JonB
    Has anyone tried the Fuji mountain bikes? I know they are known primarily for their road bikes, but their mountain bikes look pretty sweet.

It seems like they're primarily used in the UK I guess. Performance carries Fuji, but they don't even have any of their mountain bikes in stock.

Just curious.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    My friend has a Fuji Boulevard "ATB" or something like that. It looks like a mountain bike but it deffinately isn't, it sucks.

mtbr member
    I was looking at one of these a month ago, local bike shop did Fuji's and GT's. I preferred the look of the Fuji, the bike shop man said GT was a better known product and had very little info to offer on the Fuji's. All I know is their reputation as road racing bikes, they don't seem to have much history in off-road machines, but thats no reason to condemn them. The spec seemed reasonable for the money, for a low-end entry level machine.
    I would suggest, (as ever), take one out for a test and see what it feels like.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    A store near me carries Fuji. I've been eyeing a 'Mt. Fuji' hardtail for about $1,800.00 that looks nice. Depending on what advice I get, I may buy it.

Zai
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    There is a LBS near me that carries Fuji and I have been looking at the Nevada 1.0 hardtail. Not may reasons to have a FS in OKC, we don't many hills in city limits.

mtbr member
    Holy thread resurrection

The Nevada will serve you well

Zai
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by High Side View Post
    Holy thread resurrection

The Nevada will serve you well

I think so, just trying to decide between a 26", 29" Fuji or Marin. Not a huge budget for a new ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    2012 Nevada 29er 2.0 for 799 incl tax ...sound like good deal?. There is so little info about the fuji brand. Any one out there own the 2012 Nevada 29er and want to give it a thumbs up? The funny thing is I have only tested the 2011 26er leftover and the bike store didn't order any fuji bikes this year so I called some stores about an hour and a half away!
    Thank you

Zai
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonryder View Post
    2012 Nevada 29er 2.0 for 799 incl tax ...sound like good deal?. There is so little info about the fuji brand. Any one out there own the 2012 Nevada 29er and want to give it a thumbs up? The funny thing is I have only tested the 2011 26er leftover and the bike store didn't order any fuji bikes this year so I called some stores about an hour and a half away!
    Thank you
    I don't know about the 29er but I got a Nevada 3.0 26er and I am loving it.

mtbr member
    I have a Tahoe 29er and I like it so far. Took it for my first ride today.

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    At that price point most all of the bikes are similarly speced (components are alike.) First you have to sit on it to see if you wanna spend alot more time on it and immediately take it to some trails. You might have to compromise a little on a certain component eg a lower end fork for a nicer wheelset.

FWIW you might want to look into NOS (new, old stock) bikes like I did. I was looking at a DB Overdrive for $650 when I saw this beautiful '09 Fuji Tahoe Comp 29 for $700. The specs on the Fuji were quite a bit better. Good luck & dont forget to post pics once you "pull the trigger".
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Have an 05 Mt. Fuji SL, HT, Spec with X0, very light, great $ value, coming from Splzd and CD the thought never crossed my mind to buy a Fuji, but came to pull the trigger the dollar value couldnt be beat, the frame has held up to Pa Rocks. also own a Fuji Team road bike another sweet ride, currently waiting delivery on a new 29er HT, unfortunately its not a Fuji for no other reason but to try something else, would recommend a Fuji.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I have nevada 1.0 2009. Everything is good except forks.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Anybody has Fuji DSR? any Comments about the frame? have a chance to get fuji dsr 2.0. However, it is hard to find reviews. Looking forward to find new xc marathon rig.

psycho cyclo addict
    I have an '09 Tahoe SL 3x9 hard tail 29er that's still going strong. Note: the Windsor Cliff 29er is the same thing...

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I have a couple Outland 3.0 bikes my son and I ride 5 days a week around vail mtn. They have been great.

Fuji Bikes | MOUNTAIN SERIES | CROSS COUNTRY | OUTLAND 3.0

summer 2012 mountain biking, Vail Colorado from J W on Vimeo.

Have 30 or more days in the past 2 months on both bikes.

mtbr member
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]770648. here ya go. take a look at my tahoe sl 29er!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fuji mountain bikes?-imag0047.jpg  

Fuji mountain bikes?-imag0010.jpg  

Last edited by BIGHORN LEW; 02-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

mtbr member
    Can these Fuji bikes be upgraded with better components in the future? My wife & I have been looking at various starter level mtn bikes and we liked the features and the price point of the Fuji's. We'll probably both get the Nevada 1.7 but I wondered about upgrading the fork and possibly the Shimano hardware sometime down the road.

mtbr member
    Yes you can always upgrade later no problem. Just remember it will cost more in the long run to do it that way.
    RAM speed: UP, UP, and away....!

psycho cyclo addict
    Resurrection of 9 year old thread continues... amazing.

My '09 Tahoe SL is still going strong. I recently scored a 2011 Tahoe 4.0 29er frame which has a tapered steer tube. I'm going to build it up as a 2x9 for the heck of it.

This is a good deal if anyone is in the market from S or L... 2011 Fuji Tahoe 29er 1.0 Hardtail Mountain Bike - Bikewagon

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just ordered a Fuji Police Code 2. I also ordered Shimano MT15 wheelset.

I have the stock Tektro Novela Mechanical Disc w/ 160mm rotor. Not sure if I need a 6 bolt to centerlock adapter.

mtbr member
    I have an outland 2.0 29" that I really like so far. Was considering a carbon hardtail as all I had ridden before was hardtails but am glad I went to the full suspension. We ride some rough trails here around Santa Fe and it is performing very well.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Re: Fuji mountain bikes?

I have sold my nevada 1.0 2009 and now I have Jamis Dakota Comp!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Love my Fuji Nevada 3.0 even though it only has a Shimano Altus rear der. (recommended for light use) it is a very tight bike and smooth. It doesn't have disk brakes and until I get my new Motobecane 29", XTR, Hydr Brakes, FS, it is my main bike of my 8.