Thread: fuji frame

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008

fuji frame

check out my new frame. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270263295215

i was just wondering how hard it is to strip the whole bike and swap parts over. im also going to be selling my old frame.
    05 fuji diamond rc, avid juicy 5s, xt front dr,xtr rear, alex rims, fuji hub, magura rotors, rs recon 327, sram shifters

mtbr member
    May 2008
    If you don't know how hard it is, chances are you're going to mess it up. Go see if your LBS has a class on it

mtbr member
    I have one of those frames, the are pretty good. You got it for a great price.

To answer your question about parts swapping, check out my comments in this thread where someone asked a similar parts swapping question:
    Noob Frame question

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan97
    If you don't know how hard it is, chances are you're going to mess it up. Go see if your LBS has a class on it
    if you can follow simple directions and have access to basic tools and an lbs for a couple cheap specialty tools (crank tools), you can EASILY do it yourself without messing it up.

its not rocket science or piecing together a ferrari engine. took me maybe 2 hours my very first time. all the info is available online, through parks site, sheldon brown, and a bunch of others. theres just not that much to screw up, and if you do get mixed up, its generally easy to fix. just remember that nothing gets forced together.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    well i did look up a video on how to do it and it looks pretty simple. we have a bike tool kit and i will see if we have the tools.
    05 fuji diamond rc, avid juicy 5s, xt front dr,xtr rear, alex rims, fuji hub, magura rotors, rs recon 327, sram shifters

mtbr member
    Your '07 DB Coil EX has a 27.2mm seatpost. The Fuji has a 31.6mm near as I can tell by measuring mine.
    The DB has a normal 1-1/8" threadless headset, the Fuji has an Integrated style, so you can't swap headsets. The seller didn't mention the headset in the auction. Is he including it with the frame? If so, make sure he includes the crown race and the top cap and compression ring along with the bearings.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedog
    Your '07 DB Coil EX has a 27.2mm seatpost. The Fuji has a 31.6mm near as I can tell by measuring mine.
    The DB has a normal 1-1/8" threadless headset, the Fuji has an Integrated style, so you can't swap headsets. The seller didn't mention the headset in the auction. Is he including it with the frame? If so, make sure he includes the crown race and the top cap and compression ring along with the bearings.
    thanks for the info. so that means i will have to get new head set and seat post? will i have to buy a new deralur? i dont have the bike here with me but the fuji has a top pull and i think i might have a bottom pull.

if so whats a good head set for a low price? im 14 and right now allready owe my dad a lot of money for bike parts.

whitedog, how is the rear shock perform? right now i cant upgrade it but i have read some things about it. and

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    hey whitedog, what about this? http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5260

cheaper than buying a new seat post. or i could just buy this http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5260

i know i am going to have to buy a new derailler so im going to get this http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5110

and this head set maybe http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5263

what do you guys think about the parts ive mentioned? i dont have any money right now so im just waiting to go get my bike and strip it an sell my frame. i also got my friends old rst gilla because he got a titian and my fork is would look funny on it.

mtbr member
    You could try the Cane Creek seatpost shim, but it might not grab everything tight enough, and your seat might slip or move around. The complete seatpost for $14.99 would be better (although for that price it will be on the heavy side).

You don't need to spend the $ on an XT derailleur, they make the same thing in LX level. They both come with the adapter things so you can use on any diameter seatpost and both are dual pull, so you can pull from top or bottom (the Fuji does pull from top as you mention). Here's an example of the LX FD-M580:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Shimano-LX-Front...QQcmdZViewItem

The headset you linked to is the 'normal' type, you need the Integrated type. According to the Fuji spec page (see link below), the original headset is a Richey Logic Zero Pro:
    http://www.bikepartsplace.com/produc...op-in-headset/
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Ritchey-Logic-Ze...80712120r20099
    Here's a Cane Creek IS version:
    http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...slisearch=true

By the way, did you ask the seller if he has and is including the headset?

link to Fuji's website on your bike:
    http://www.fujibikes.com/2005/bikes.asp?id=31#
    link to your bikes spec page:
    http://www.fujibikes.com/2005/specifications.asp?id=31

Regarding the shock, I read a lot of negative things about it, but mine works well and the suspension as a whole works well. I have it on the 110mm travel setting.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    hey just wondering where u got the specs on my db?

i was lookin at the specs for the bike and was gonna put that headset. do u think the derualer on my db might work?

do u have any pics of ur bike?

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    quote by Whitedog : By the way, did you ask the seller if he has and is including the headset?

i tried to ask but it wouldnt let me. my dad used his account to bid on it. from the looks it doesnt.

mtbr member
    DB specs from bikepedia.com:
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...l+EX&Type=bike

Your DB front derailleur is set up as a bottom pull. It would only work on the Fuji if 1) it is a 'dual pull' type and 2) if the seatpost diameter is the same on the DB as it is on the Fuji (or if not, you are able to get the proper shims from your local bike store).

My Fuji is a spare one I keep at the girlfriends house...no pics, but maybe I can remember to take some on the weekend.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedog
    DB specs from bikepedia.com:
    http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/B...l+EX&Type=bike

Your DB front derailleur is set up as a bottom pull. It would only work on the Fuji if 1) it is a 'dual pull' type and 2) if the seatpost diameter is the same on the DB as it is on the Fuji (or if not, you are able to get the proper shims from your local bike store).

My Fuji is a spare one I keep at the girlfriends house...no pics, but maybe I can remember to take some on the weekend.
    ok thanks for the link. i will do some research on what i have to see if i can use the parts.

EDIT: from my research seat post diamiter is smaller than new frame. i think my DR MIGHT work.
    Last edited by 07dbrider; 08-19-2008 at 08:47 PM.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    ok i have been doing some resarch and i will have to buy a new headset and front derailleur. im alos hopeing that the bottom braket and cranks will work.

i am going to be buying the richey logic zero pro headset and maybe a shimano deore lx top pull.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008

it came

im so excited it cametoday. i only have a cell phone pic right now but im loving the new look.

ok i went from this:

to this:

i am very pleased with the new look and cant wait to ride it but ive got to pay my dad back a little more and need to buy some parts.

also my seat post fits from my db on the fuji frame so somewhere the info in incorect
    Last edited by 07dbrider; 08-26-2008 at 12:25 PM.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    got and installed a ritchey headset so fork is now attatched. still need to get old cranks out and make the shim for bars and route all cables . rear shock had to much air so i gave it 2 little taps to let air out and now its better. going to fine tune it when i can ride it.

hey Whitedog, do u have the bike on 110mm? if so how does is ride

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 07dbrider
    hey Whitedog, do u have the bike on 110mm? if so how does is ride
    Yes, I have it on the 110 setting which works well with the Maverick SC32 fork I'm using (4.75" or 120mm travel). Rides great! It has Horst Link type linkage (like Specialized uses) so it rides very well. At first I was concerned about getting 110mm travel in the rear wheel from a shock with such a short travel, but the shock performs well.

Here's a nice review:
    http://www.bikemag.com/gear/121505_fuji/

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    well guys shes up and running. ran into a front dr problem so i have to get a tow swing design one i ordered a bottom swing. going o take it on a little trail for some testing today. so far from my little testing i love it way more than the db.

still undecided on a front fork when i have the money. current on is ok for a coil but at 5.5 lbs its a beast. looking at rs tora 318 or recon 351. i can get the tora 318 sola air for 209. cheapest 351 is 290.

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    i have a chance to get a fox rp3 from a diff frame my dad is gettin and swaping the shocks. im still loooking for a nice rs or fox front fork too.

should i swap shocks or keep the one on there now?

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    been a while but i got a few goodies for x-mas so im going to install the fork today and cranks and brakes maybe today along with shifters and wheels and rotors.

i will post up some pics when im done if anyone cares

Thread Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by 07dbrider
    been a while but i got a few goodies for x-mas so im going to install the fork today and cranks and brakes maybe today along with shifters and wheels and rotors.

i will post up some pics when im done if anyone cares
    post up dude...i'm working on a fuji restore myself, and could use a little inspiration

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    here you go bucksaw87

old wheels

new wheels

dad workin on steer tube

new fork on

close up of new rotors on fork

new shifters and brakes v. old ones

working on getting pos cranks off

i dont have pics but i have since installed some juicy 5s and we were in the process of removig the suntour cranks and i have to do the new stainless steel dr cables still.

Thread Killer
    nice! yeah, my bike's a little older than yours...

good work though!

now a fuji rider
    Jun 2008
    how old is yours? mines a 05 that i bought off of ebay for 210 shiped