mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Bonking ... not feelin' well Fuji Diamond Lite 1 (2003) missing link

Hello fellow Fuji-uns, i recently purchased a Fuji Diamond Lite 1 full sus bike second hand.
    long story short, its had literally all the original components replaced, shocks (front/rear) discs, wheels etc...
    and what i have only just noticed (due to the lack of info/pics on this bike of the original model), it is missing the grey link arm between the rear triangle and the shock.

my questions are:
    - is there anywhere i can get hold of this part?
    - i have noticed that the rear triangle flexes a lot when i pedal hard.
    - i have also noticed that the rear triangle is warped toward the top, making the wheel look misaligned - but its not, its the frame.
    - will the linkage help recude any further damage and possibly reset this misalignment? or should i scrap the frame altogether?

this an image of the original bike:

http://www.bikepedia.com/Quickbike/B...te+1&Type=bike

i'll get pics of my bike up if this goes any further.

really gutted, as this is my first FS bike i have purchased. kind of ruined my first endevour into full sus riding!

hope there is some help out there...

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

hmm...

I had a diamond lite 3 years ago, and I think, if I am not mistaken that the grek link helped maked the travel longer for the rear shock, not necessarily necessary? If its an 03 maybe the shock needs serviced or new springs.. I am not familiar with spring shocks, as mine had an air shock in back. Probably not helpful, but all I know.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    it has an air shock (i've been told its off of a Specialized) its a fox float, basic shock with knackered lock out/adjustment. i dont know if the slight bend in the rear part of the frame is damaging anything else (wearing the bearings in the wheel differently/putting extra strain on the link arms/odd angle for the shock to be operating at etc....

just need a second opinion as to whether its worth sorting out or not, or even how to sort it out...

i'm pretty sure myself now, that the grey link arm isnt actually vital.
    Thanks for your help