mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Fuji Cross Pro ?

HELP!
    My brother is going to purchase a Fuji Cross Pro for $1,400.00. I think the price is reasonable but I am uncertain about the quality of the bike. He has been riding for years now and races off and on the road. (about 15 miles on dirt and 6 miles on road)

Is this bike going to take him where he needs to go without worring about purchasing another bike less than a year? Or worst have to purchase another bike and have two bikes one for dirt and one for road?

I am concern because #1 I haven't heard alot about this bike and #2 I am often told that ONE bike can't do two jobs.

Don't roll your eyes or anything . . I will be the first to tell you I dont' know a THING about racing bikes. So go ahead and educate me so I can go back to my brother and put in my two cent.

Bikeoholic

Fuji Cross Owner

I currently own a 2004 Fuji cross. I have owner it for around 6 months. I mainly use it as a commuter, however, I also ride it on the road for exercise. I have only upgraded the 105 rear deraileur to an ultegra and changed the tires from stock to more commuter friendly tires.
    All and all the bike is very light and responsive. The 105 setup is great and works well. As for cross riding the rims will need trued often I ride it around 1.5 miles to work every day and have to true about once a month. Other than that I think it is a great bike and would recommend it to anyone.
    -Palek
    Ride Today...
    ...You might not be able to tomorrow