mtbr member

Fuji Bikes in PA

[size=4]A friend of mine may be able to swing a nice deal on a Fuji mtb. Any thoughts on costs, maneuverability and ease of repairs? He is thinking about the Tahoe or Mt Fuji.[/size]
    [size=4]Most discussion on this site is about other well known bikes, but not Fuji. Are they really any good, or just too expensive?? Will they hold up on Pennsylvania's rocks & roots?[/size]

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

no difference

Quote Originally Posted by trekmike
    [size=4]A friend of mine may be able to swing a nice deal on a Fuji mtb. Any thoughts on costs, maneuverability and ease of repairs? He is thinking about the Tahoe or Mt Fuji.[/size]
    [size=4]Most discussion on this site is about other well known bikes, but not Fuji. Are they really any good, or just too expensive?? Will they hold up on Pennsylvania's rocks & roots?[/size]

Fuji bikes are the same as anyother bike shop quality bike,they all come out of the same factories in Taiwan, if yer lucky, or china, if you aren't. Too expensive? Fuji has been known for at least 3 decades as being good values, relative to many other brands.
    I used to race track on a Fuji track bike, same bike used by Mark Gorski. It was a great bike. I miss it.
    Cost==less that a lot of more-hyped bikes
    maneuverability=nothing about them that would make them handle any differerntly than any other bike
    ease of repairs=same as any other bike shop quality bike

mtbr member
    I'll pass it on. Thank you!

mtbr member

I ride with a FUJI rider.........

and he beats most of the guys on the high priced bikes. Most of our crew has some top shelf names and models, Santa Cruz, Ellsworth, Trek, Cannondale....and one guy has the FUJI. He has a hardtail, not sure of name but it has nice componetry. It handle very nickely on the roots and rocks of Mountain Top, PA. and has held up. I agree with the post above that it is just a lower cost bike not lower quality.

I throw poo

Good job!

I've got an 03 fuji and I love it. Fuji's are so good Giant is using one of their FS designs now. Really any LBS quality bike will work about as well as any other in a simaler price range, after that it is personal taste.
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

mtbr member

Went full spectrum

Well, he decided against Fuji and Trek. Instead he got a Haro Escape 8.3 (2004) for a good price-- otherwise he might have gotten a Trek. I'm curious how he will like it because I think it is a little heavier that most similar bikes.