Thread: Fuji Bikes

mtbr member

Fuji Bikes

I'm looking into a Fuji Outland Comp an wanted to know if anybody knows much about the company and/or the Outland Comp so as I can make an informed decision about what I am thinking of buying, or if someone can recomend another bike in that price range( about $1250). Thanks for you help in advance.

i call it a kaiser blade
    May 2008
    i had a fuji panic a few years back.

it was a piece of sh!t.

honestly, their upper level bikes are decent, but there are so many better choices for the price.

All-most Mountain
    i have a nevada 3.0. its decent for the money.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Rode the Reveal 1.0 and, although much more expensive than the model your considering, found it to be quite a beautiful piece of machinerey.

This review sums it up nicely:
    http://www.mountainbiketales.com/reviews/reveal.htm
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

pedal pusher
    The first bike I ever saw that coupled an AL frame with carbon seatstays was a Fuji. That doesn't mean it was the first, but it was definitely one of them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I have a 2006 Fuji Tahoe Comp. It's a fine bike. My only complaint is the weight - about 30.5# for a 17" (small) hardtail. The wheels seem heavy, in particular, but that could be due to the disc brakes, which are new to me. With lighter wheels, etc., it would be a different bike.

A bike is just a frame anyway, with others' components. The Fuji hasn't broken yet, which makes it as good as all the other bikes I've had.

mtbr member
    thanks for all the info you are all helping out with this decision

mtbr member
    I still have a Nevada 2.0 hardtail that I punished hard when I was riding it regularly. It's seen a lot more than it was intended for: 4' to flat a few times and ton of gnarly rocky and rooty stuff. Most of the stock components have been replaced due to wear, but the frame is still sound.

I don't recommend riding this bike like I did, but I commend it for not killing me while I was doing it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tduro
    I have a 2006 Fuji Tahoe Comp. It's a fine bike. My only complaint is the weight - about 30.5# for a 17" (small) hardtail. The wheels seem heavy, in particular, but that could be due to the disc brakes, which are new to me. With lighter wheels, etc., it would be a different bike.

A bike is just a frame anyway, with others' components. The Fuji hasn't broken yet, which makes it as good as all the other bikes I've had.
    Rode one of these this weekend ... 1st time on a 29er.

I absolutely loved it!

I agree it's hefty, but it certainly doesn't feel it when riding,

I ride a giant Trance X2 for reference and this Fuji has convinced me that a 29er is what I want and need :-)