mtbr member

Wink Fuji advice needed

Friend of mine is looking at getting into Mtn biking.The only LBS he has is Fuji.He wants a 29er and he needs to get a 26 for his wife.He wants them to both have disk brakes,other than that he needs opinions on what he should start looking at. Price around 1k for BOTH bikes.He's not going to go hard core off road,but may travel off road when the need hit him.LMK
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    He will have to stay with the Nevada series. A Nevada 1.0 29er for him and a Nevada 2.0 step through for the misses. Should be able to get both for about $1100 or so. Where is your buddy located? I work for a Fuji dealer and might be able to help out.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doedrums
    He will have to stay with the Nevada series. A Nevada 1.0 29er for him and a Nevada 2.0 step through for the misses. Should be able to get both for about $1100 or so. Where is your buddy located? I work for a Fuji dealer and might be able to help out.
    Western NC
    2011 Rockhopper Comp 29er
    2011 Myka HT Disc (wife)

mtbr member
    Nevadas are no joke. here is my 07 3.0 in it's new incarnation:

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I'm in the same boat as you are. My girlfriend and I would like to get a pair of mtn bikes and would like to stay around $1000 for the pair. We both ride road bike currently and just looking for a change of pace. I really like the 2011 Fuji Nevada 2.0. She has her eyes set on the 2010 Fuji Nevada 3.0. ( I think she like the purple color )
    '14 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 29
    '14 Trek Skye (Wife)
    '12 Specialized Crux Skittles
    '13 Specialized Allez Compact

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothie7
    I'm in the same boat as you are. My girlfriend and I would like to get a pair of mtn bikes and would like to stay around $1000 for the pair. We both ride road bike currently and just looking for a change of pace. I really like the 2011 Fuji Nevada 2.0. She has her eyes set on the 2010 Fuji Nevada 3.0. ( I think she like the purple color )
    My wife has that same bike. Not a bad choice.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

Willard
    I live in western NC too, we have a few choices to pick from. Jamis in black mtn, felt Asheville @ Carolina Fattz, Specialized in Asheville, epic cycles in Asheville, and another two in downtown Asheville. I love my Fuji Nevada so no complaints here! Just wanted to let him know he has lots of choices to pick from. GOOD LUCK!
    Fuji Nevada 4.0 W/Surge hard forks. I sit very up-right due to my back injury.