Thread: found a fuji

mtbr member

found a fuji

hello all, i was doing some work on a rent house for my boss and found this frame behind the garage and my boss said i could have it. i've been wanting a new bike since i had to sell mine so i figure i can build this one up as i get the money. does anyone know what year it is and also it is 18" from the middle of the bottom bracket to the middle of the top tube so does anyone know what size it might be. i plan on painting it as well so i will post pics when i do that.
    thanks everyone

just along for the ride
    looks early 90's cromo frame,as long as the steerer tube is 1 1/8" you are good to go if not hack'n weld it up into something else....

mikeb
    to be honest with you, it looks like more work than is worth it.

Kosher Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb
    to be honest with you, it looks like more work than is worth it.
    Not so bad, looks better than some Amsterdamer bikes I've built up.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'd strip the paint and inspect the frame. If it's fine, and you want to build it up, go for it. It looks good, only the finish is haggard. A downside is that you would be limited to rear V-brakes unless you had a mount Tig'd on (if that's even possible without comprimising strength).

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The frame is from 1993 to 1995 and was built in Fuji's own factory. It was one step below the Fuji Discovery, but both had biopace chainrings.

mtbr member
    thanks for the responses, i plan on stripping the paint and as long as i dont see any cracks or anything i will probably go ahead with it, try to do a really low budget build, if it looks like it will cost more than i think it is worth maybe i will paint it and hang it on my wall or something