mtbr member

2014 Fuji Bikes up on site BUT.....

Ok so the new bikes are up and I love Fuji but make sure to compare well. I have the 2013 Nevada 29 1.5 model and compared to the new one it looks as though its been downgraded some. For instance Its now mechanical brakes not hydraulic (that is unless you prefer Mechanical instead) The tires are different this time but id still look at getting better ones anyways. And a few supposed upgrades from the Oval Line but aside from number changes look to be the same. So take it as you will!!!! Also from the old one to the new one its only stated as a 0.02 weight difference. 2013-32.62lbs, 2014-32.60lbs
    Love my FUJI!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I wish I had mechanical brakes on my 13 Nevada 29 1.5.
    The Hayes Dyno are pretty weak and dont provide confidence when you bombing down a trail. Decided to flush the fluid.

Well heres the problem, theres no kit available to flush the brakes with. Actually had to order a custom made kit from the UK and it still wasnt perfect. Poor design by Hayes on the bleed screw location.

Since I cannot properly flush the brakes, im swapping the whole system to a mechanical Avid BB7 setup. At least I dont have to deal with flushing the fluid in this poor braking system.

Zeroplanetz: Dont touch the braking system! Once you open up the bleed screw, your screwed because you cannot properly get the system re-bleed.

mtbr member
    Hmm I'm sorry to hear about your brakes. Mine work superbly. But thanks for the warning on bleeding them but the place I got my from will do that for free whenever I need it done. So it'll be on them then lol. Very usefull info on that though thanks!
    Love my FUJI!!!