mtbr member

Any reviews?
    Last edited by Cracka; 10-02-2011 at 10:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Well, to answer my own question, I must say that I like the 2011 Reveal. I got a 3.0 for dirt cheap mostly for the frame. Its a decent build but I have no idea how than even "suggest" $2600 for that build. The Sektor R and Ario shocks are OK but have no tuning capability.

The drivetrain is pretty decent but since I've got the parts its getting upgraded.

So far I've added a Monarch RC3+ rear shock and Revelation 150mm dual air u turn. Wheels are upgraded to Shimano XT. Also going XT crank and shifters.

Test ride to come. Maybe even photos if anyone is interested.

mtbr member
    Sure, post'em up yo !
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    So, here's the new ride.

2011 Reveal 3.0
    upgraded:
    Rear Shock- Monarch RC3 plus
    Front Fork- Revelation, uturn 120-150,, lockout, dual air
    Crankset- XT
    Wheelset- XT
    Cassete- Sram (forget the model but its sweet)
    Seatpost- Thomosn
    Pedals- Wellgo Bo65 (black)
    Tires- Conti

Planning to replace the deore shifters and xt rear der. with XO shifeters and rear der. Also...Thomson stem, Truvative bars

I have a few take off items headed to craigslist:
    Rockshox sektor R coil, uturn, 100-140mm, 1.5" taper
    Rockshox Ario R
    SLX hubs/Alex DP17 rims Wheelset
    Deore Crankset
    11-34 cassette, 9 sp
    Hayes 9 carbon or deore hyd disk brakeset
    Deore 3x9 shifter set

As for the ride, this thing is sick. I need to get in a little better shape to push the limits. First 2 rides were stock=not bad. 2nd 2 rides were after the mods=badass!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2011 and newer Reveal???-p1010695.jpg  

2011 and newer Reveal???-p1010696.jpg  

2011 and newer Reveal???-p1010698.jpg  

2011 and newer Reveal???-p1010701.jpg  

2011 and newer Reveal???-p1010703.jpg  

mtbr member
    Real clean I like it. I love Red as its my favorite color too. The seat looks huge though, you trying to protect your bum a bit lol!
    Tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly!

mtbr member
    Ha, you gotta dis on my seat huh? Its ok. That seat is so comfy. Great for long rides. Some people like padded shorts which I can't stand.

That whole build came together quite nice. I'm really digging the newest additions of the rear shock and b065 pedals.

mtbr member
    Very nice looking, I would ditch those wheels, centerlok or whatever the hell its called sucks

How does the rear travel feel on big(ger) hits?

mtbr member
    No complaints with the XT centerlock wheelset nor the suspension. That uspension setup is the best I've ridden!

Trail Ninja
    Not sure which Fuji I tested, maybe a pre-production or '11 Reveal 2.0, but it came with full SLX, internal shift cable routing, had RockShox front and rear shocks, Oval components, Hutchison tires, Alex rims, SLX hubs, and it was really fun. It felt really lofty--it was ready to get air off of rollers and bumps, also encouraging you to huck off of sharp downslopes instead of rolling them. It accelerated really fast, which was great for techy sections you weren't familiar with and had to slow down to scan a line or plan and made it easy to build speed in a short distance to huck or jump. Did I mention that it was really fun? Felt more like a Blur LT in terms of agility. It didn't make me want to buy though, since I like the stability and confidence of Yeti and 29er wheels have grown on me. The new shimano drivetrain and brakes are really nice though. The rims were fairly stiff under my light weight, but my 220 lb riding buddy wasn't all that excited by the bike. The demo ride ended early due to a rear flat when I went through a G-out and pinch flatted on a rock on the uphill slope. The fork stood out as being super plush, except that it was really prone to bob when attacking out of the saddle. It smoothed things out better than low pressure tires. It was a RL Revelation with Blackbox motion control I think. It makes noise with higher damping, but I didn't notice it during riding really. I still like Fox shocks though. The mechanics complained about the internal cable routing. I wouldn't call it a do-it-all bike, an AM bike, nor a XC bike; it seems to be just a fun loving trail bike for those just wanting to hit trails to have fun. Seems more XC biased, if you had to ask me if to classify it as AM or XC. Didn't seem to descend as well as my Superfly 100 FS 29er nor my Yeti, but at least did better than a Kona Dawg (120mm) and my Ti 29er hardtail with 100mm fork. The lofty and quick feel seems to be it's selling point, appealing to the types that came from BMX or dirt jumping, freestyle skiing/snowboarding/etc, rather than road biking, DHing, motocross, or marathon stuff.

Seen the '11 models on sale recently for great prices. '10 versions as well, but I don't consider them the same, since the '11 models got a huge redesign. If I didn't already have a much more expensive bike, I would've jumped on it. Totally recommendable.
    Last edited by Varaxis; 12-08-2011 at 03:33 AM.

mtbr member
    Last edited by Cracka; 10-15-2012 at 11:23 AM.