mtbr member
    Nov 2007

2009 fuji tahoe 29er SL

I am finally a member of the 29er club. Does any have stan's 355 w/ Hope Pro II? What is the weight on those bad boys?

Fuji Tahoe SL

Fuji Tahoe SL 09

M_S
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Nice? Got a weight for it? I was considering the Fuji before I ended up with my Redline. Now I'd love to get their new full susser 29er, if I had the $$$.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nice... still building my Mamasita up

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Nice... still building my Mamasita up SORRY FOR REPEATING

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Nice. Ive got the windsor cliff 29 team edition, which is basically a rebranded fuji 29 tahoe sl. all geometery and specs are the exact same, except the down tube is oval on the windsor. Anyway I love mine, only stuff ive replaced is the fork from the reba sl to a reba race(warranty probs with bike shop, dont ask) thomson elite seat post (broke a bolt), and x-0 shifters, x- derauller, and odi lock ons. mine is a large(21") and little over 28 lbs right now. Next thing for me is tubeless. enjoy the big wheels man.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I have a medium 19" and it weighs 28.9lbs all stock. I put my friend's mavic wheelset on it and it came in 26.1lbs. 1st thing is a wheelset, 2nd is a xtr crank, then i am going to start working on the seatbpost, stem, bars, ...

mtbr member
    May 2008
    im guessing that wheelset is a c29ssmax? tubeless? light tires? the laser disc set are not that much heavier than the c29ssmax. i was shocked to see the wieghts that close. friend has them on his stumpjumper 29 ht and swears they made the biggest difference. i dunno.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah c29ssnax, tubeless, and light tires. I rode them around a little on my bike. I could tell a difference and I only rode them for a few minutes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I've got the Tahoe SL also and I just got my second frame from Fuji because the first one cracked at the seattube/seatstay weld. I still love this bike and think it's one of the best I've riden.

Former Bike Wrench
    I got the Windsor Cliff Pro which is virtually the same as the Tahoe 29er Pro (except for the before mentioned downtube and toptube gusset)

I've made these changes:
    Titec Carbon Seatpost
    Easton EA50 stem
    Bontrager Big Sweep Race Lite bars
    IRC Mythos II Tires
    Crank Bros Candy C pedals
    Velo Saddle

Because I was able to get the items on e-bay (I already owned the pedals and saddle) and was able to sell the stock pedals and saddle...I'm only about $100 extra into the bike. I'm at 28.5 lbs with pedals now.

One thing the Windsor came with was the fork in the 100mm setting. I rode it for three months this way, but decided to set it down at 80mm (spacer was included) and found the bike handles much nicer now. So if the Fuji comes the same way, I recommend setting the fork at 80mm.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Fuji Tahoe Comp Lighter?

Any tips on making my 08 Fuji Tahoe Comp 29er lighter/recommended upgrades? I have the stock setup now. http://www.fujibikes.com/Mountain/29er/Tahoe29Comp.aspx I want to keep mechanical disk brakes so I was thinking Avid BB7's (unless you all have other recommendations). I was also looking at the Shimano M970 pedals to get rid of the strapped platforms on there now. I am open to anything though. Thanks for the help.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Christmas upgrades:

Avid BB7's (front and rear)
    WTB Rocket V STL Saddle (mainly cause my original one bent/broke when I railed myself out on the trail.....ouch!)
    Thompson Masterpiece Seatpost (found a good deal so I couldn't resist :-))

Any other suggestions?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Wheelset is the biggest upgrade. A crank will shave some weight and will surprise you how much of a difference a stiffer crank with external bearing can make. A Reba SL, or Reba Race will shave some weight too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Tires is one of the biggest bang for the buck upgrades. I like the wtb nano raptors or the small block 8s. But I ride mostly dry xc trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Yeah, I checked out the Mavic c29ssmax rims but the cheapest price I could find was $270, which is 63% of what I paid for the whole bike.......(I got a killer deal on the bike. New 2008 model for only $430)

I don't know much about cranks. Any recommendations?

BTW, I am really enjoying the bike. It is super awesome and I am glad to be back on the trails after 2 years where I just didn't go at all. Great bike for anybody who is looking into it. I can't wait for it to start warming up so I can hit those Texas and Arkansas trails!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I'm in Central Arkansas. Shimano's XT crank nice. I ddon't know how good the SLX is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    I am in LR right for the next 7 months or so. Then it is off to Galveston....where there are 0 hills and 0 mountains. :-( I rode Burns park last weekend but it was kinda wet out there. Haven't checked out Camp Robinson yet.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    I don't know camp that well, you have too have a CARP card to get on base. Mine expired. I can show you some other trail some time if you would like.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_b
    Nice. Ive got the windsor cliff 29 team edition, which is basically a rebranded fuji 29 tahoe sl. all geometery and specs are the exact same, except the down tube is oval on the windsor. Anyway I love mine, only stuff ive replaced is the fork from the reba sl to a reba race(warranty probs with bike shop, dont ask) thomson elite seat post (broke a bolt), and x-0 shifters, x- derauller, and odi lock ons. mine is a large(21") and little over 28 lbs right now. Next thing for me is tubeless. enjoy the big wheels man.
    How tall are you and what's your inseam? I'm about to get the same bike but I haven't been able to sit on a 21". All I've seen in person is a 17". I'm 6"3 with an inseam of 34.5". Do you think the 21" will work for me?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    I got the Windsor Cliff Pro which is virtually the same as the Tahoe 29er Pro (except for the before mentioned downtube and toptube gusset)

I've made these changes:
    Titec Carbon Seatpost
    Easton EA50 stem
    Bontrager Big Sweep Race Lite bars
    IRC Mythos II Tires
    Crank Bros Candy C pedals
    Velo Saddle

Because I was able to get the items on e-bay (I already owned the pedals and saddle) and was able to sell the stock pedals and saddle...I'm only about $100 extra into the bike. I'm at 28.5 lbs with pedals now.

One thing the Windsor came with was the fork in the 100mm setting. I rode it for three months this way, but decided to set it down at 80mm (spacer was included) and found the bike handles much nicer now. So if the Fuji comes the same way, I recommend setting the fork at 80mm.
    Is is difficult to change the fork to 80mm?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cementum
    How tall are you and what's your inseam? I'm about to get the same bike but I haven't been able to sit on a 21". All I've seen in person is a 17". I'm 6"3 with an inseam of 34.5". Do you think the 21" will work for me?
    Yes i think that it should work great for you, Im 6"4' with a inseam of 35".

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Ordered

Just ordered the Windsor Cliff 29 Team in a 21".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cementum
    The 21" should work as far as clearance goes but top tube length is just as important, if not more so. Make sure you check because there is a big difference between the 19 and the 21 (almost a full inch).