Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    130

    2009 Fuji Outland RC29

    As a former owner of 2006 Outland RC, let me tell you Fuji bikes are no joke. This year I sold the 2006 and purchased a 2009 Outland RC29. This bike rides amazing! It is everything I hoped it would be and then some. If you thought about getting one, pull the trigger. The bike handles very well through slow technical stuff contrary to what 29 bashers say. I feel more balanced on this bike than any other MTB I have owned and it keeps the wheels on the ground really well when climbing. I would say that the only negative I have found so far is that it weighs 28lbs out of box. Pics to come!

  2. #2
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Let's see those photos...

    Thinking about getting a Fuji and this one is on my list as well. About how tall are you(height and inseam) and what size did you end up getting? This will probably be the biggest issue in making the decision because I am only 5'9" - 5'10".

  3. #3
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    More info, please.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by iamrocketman
    As a former owner of 2006 Outland RC, let me tell you Fuji bikes are no joke. This year I sold the 2006 and purchased a 2009 Outland RC29. This bike rides amazing! It is everything I hoped it would be and then some. If you thought about getting one, pull the trigger. The bike handles very well through slow technical stuff contrary to what 29 bashers say. I feel more balanced on this bike than any other MTB I have owned and it keeps the wheels on the ground really well when climbing. I would say that the only negative I have found so far is that it weighs 28lbs out of box. Pics to come!
    Anyone compare a lower end Fuji 29 around 1k to the Raliegh XXIX+G around $1200?? Comments, opinions?

  5. #5
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Earth to Rocketman....you lost in space, dude?

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    47
    i wonder how they compare to the Norco Fluids in terms of ride comfort....

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    130
    Fisherman, I am 5'9" and a 17" Tahoe 29'er fits me fine. If you guys have any questions, just ask away.

  8. #8
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Thanks for the reply. So do you have the medium frame? The medium frame fuji's are actually 19" frames.

    Put my money down on an '09 Outland 29rc today. Went with the medium frame. Hoping to get it in on Friday. Maybe I'll get those photos Rocketman owes us.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    130
    I don't own one. I work for Fuji so I have ridden the demo bikes and work on them all day. The Outland 29 RC is a great ride. I'm sure you won't regret it.

  10. #10
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Good man to know then. I work for a Fuji dealer and got this off the EP list...so thanks to you and the rest of the crew for that. What do you do for Fuji? Can't wait to get it in. Hoping it will be here Friday and I can get to it.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    130
    I work with all brands. Tech stuff, marketing, jack of all trades. Good luck with the bike.

  12. #12
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Hopefully, I won't need any luck with it, but thanks. Gonna be Monday before I can get my hands on it.

  13. #13
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789



  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    254

    Great Looking Ride

    That is really a sharp looker.
    Been thinking about the Outland 29 as my next bike. When you get more time in the saddle, if you don't mind I'd like your thoughts on how it handles tight corners and how the BB height is. Again sharp looker.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    130
    BB drop is 35mm.

  16. #16
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcharlie
    That is really a sharp looker.
    Been thinking about the Outland 29 as my next bike. When you get more time in the saddle, if you don't mind I'd like your thoughts on how it handles tight corners and how the BB height is. Again sharp looker.
    Thanks...First impressions are pretty good. I honestly didn't feel much of a difference in the tight corners on the trail yesterday and that trail is pretty tight throughout. I was pleasantly surprised by that. The BB clearance is also good. It really excelled yesterday on the trail with all the roots and log rolls. I was certainly faster in the middle section with the majority of obstacles. Seemed to feel a little more stable as well.

    I'll definitely get back to you when I have had some more time on it.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    254

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman
    Thanks...First impressions are pretty good. I honestly didn't feel much of a difference in the tight corners on the trail yesterday and that trail is pretty tight throughout. I was pleasantly surprised by that. The BB clearance is also good. It really excelled yesterday on the trail with all the roots and log rolls. I was certainly faster in the middle section with the majority of obstacles. Seemed to feel a little more stable as well.

    I'll definitely get back to you when I have had some more time on it.
    That's exactly the type of feedback I am looking for. Enjoy the ride and I'll be eagerly waiting for more(if I don't pull the trigger myself first). Again great looking bike.

  18. #18
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Quote Originally Posted by cgcharlie
    That's exactly the type of feedback I am looking for. Enjoy the ride and I'll be eagerly waiting for more(if I don't pull the trigger myself first). Again great looking bike.
    It is a good time to buy. Your local dealers are getting closeouts on these at the moment and they'll be passing on the savings.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    254

    Click...POW!!

    Pulled the trigger. After checking out the specs for the Outland 29 I decided it wasn't the ride for me. My two peeves are pedal strikes and switchbacks. Looking at the Fuji website I believed the Bottom Bracket was to low and the wheelbase to long. Boy was I wrong.
    My LBS (Round Trip Bike Shop) got one in on closeout and pushed me to Demo This Bike is the real deal. Zero pedal hits(a first for me on this trail) and handles the tight stuff with ease. Played with the suspension air settings a bit and got it dialed in nice. Put my own wheels,tires and saddle on for the demo for my own point of referance.
    Anyhow to make a long story less boring. It came home with me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Good deal...glad you like it.

    I have been enjoying mine. Sorry, I didn't get back to you sooner, but I think you'll be happy with your choice. Get hooked up on the price?

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    254

    Great Deal

    Yes they took very good care of me. End of year closeouts are worth waiting for!

  22. #22
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Good to hear - closeouts are definitely worth the wait.

    Are you going to be putting the G3 rotors on there? That Cr29ssmax wheelset is a pretty nice - good engagement & stiff. I'll be having another set built up soon, though. Give that Ritchey WCS saddle a try - it's actually really comfortable, and I am a WTB fan as well.

    Looks like a great trail, enjoy it.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    254
    I'm going to keep the Avid rotors on the Crossmax and swap out the wheels for different trails.
    Made a few changes. Thomson layback post and 12 degree sweep bars. Liking the bike more every ride.
    The trail is on Casa Grande Mountain 20 miles of rocky fun hence the heavier wheelset there.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    111
    What about pedal bob?

  25. #25
    MTBR Member
    Reputation: ncfisherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,789
    Pedal bob is not too bad on this ride...yes it is there, but it can be minimized. I honestly ride 95% of the time with the shock full open. Had it out to the NC Mtns(Pisgah) recently and did not have a need to stiffen the rear shock w/ compression adjustments. Key word with this suspension is "plush". Very plush, very smooth, very active.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •