mtbr member
    Jun 2010

2008 Fuji Tahoe Comp 29er

Hi all!

I am considering buying a 2008 Fuji Tahoe Comp 29er. There is one for sale in town for $500 and it is in excellent condition.

Is this a good deal for this bike?

Just to give you a little background, I haven't done any mountain biking for quite a few years. Before college I used to go regularly, but during and since I have not at all. My thought is I will be using the bike to ride around town fairly regularly - mostly on the road. I would also like to take it down a few trails nearby as the greenbelts in Austin are awesome. Is a 29er right for me?

Thanks all!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Yes!

That would be a perfect bike for what you describe. That's a good price for it too!

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Quote Originally Posted by mangothehuman
    Hi all!

I am considering buying a 2008 Fuji Tahoe Comp 29er. There is one for sale in town for $500 and it is in excellent condition.

Is this a good deal for this bike?

Just to give you a little background, I haven't done any mountain biking for quite a few years. Before college I used to go regularly, but during and since I have not at all. My thought is I will be using the bike to ride around town fairly regularly - mostly on the road. I would also like to take it down a few trails nearby as the greenbelts in Austin are awesome. Is a 29er right for me?

Thanks all!
    So how are you liking the bike so far? Im currently waiting for my '09 to be delivered to my LBS.