Thread: 07 outland rc

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

07 outland rc

Looking at perhaps building one of these frames up with the stuff from my older sc superlight, for a xc race bike. Ride a ex 9 on endurance stuff, so it will be for shorter faster rides. Is the frame worth building up? anyone riding this bike?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker
    Looking at perhaps building one of these frames up with the stuff from my older sc superlight, for a xc race bike. Ride a ex 9 on endurance stuff, so it will be for shorter faster rides. Is the frame worth building up? anyone riding this bike?
    I ride a 06 fuji outland rc and love it but i redesigned the rear shock pivots..but i dont use it for xc but its deffinantly a strong frame, but its still veerryy light!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker
    I believe '06 was the last year the Outland had the rear shock mounted behind the seat, so '07 should be like my '08 frame with the shock mounted over the BB. I built up a 17" frame without using the very top of the line components and still built a 30lb bike (with pedals installed) using inner tube tires. IIRC, frame weighs about 5.5lbs with MC3.3 installed. I find pedal bob minimal so I rarely lock out the rear when climbing. I like it so much, if I were to find a Reveal frame cheap I'd swap it out with my Motobecane 5" travel trail bike and just stick with Fuji.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 07 outland rc-001.jpg  

>>"Every chance I get!"

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitzhym
    I believe '06 was the last year the Outland had the rear shock mounted behind the seat, so '07 should be like my '08 frame with the shock mounted over the BB. I built up a 17" frame without using the very top of the line components and still built a 30lb bike (with pedals installed) using inner tube tires. IIRC, frame weighs about 5.5lbs with MC3.3 installed. I find pedal bob minimal so I rarely lock out the rear when climbing. I like it so much, if I were to find a Reveal frame cheap I'd swap it out with my Motobecane 5" travel trail bike and just stick with Fuji.
    Yes thats why i redesigned my suspension links..my link is alot like the newer outland rc's all i did is used the "teter toter" affect like like what is on the pic u posted. I am not finished with it yet but it is that hard to do because i can use one of the pivot points that was used in 06. I made a bracket and welded it inside the triange and mounted the shock onto it. I made the pivoting link longer and attached to swing arm, then pivot in middle, and attached to the shock. I think it will work quite well

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    this is what it looked like before..im not finished yet

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
    sorry i cant figure out how to post pic from picasa in large view like how you did