mtbr member
    Mar 2007

04 Fuji Adventure Comp came with extra swingarm...why?

So I just bought this bike used and the guy gave me an extra swingarm that he said came with the bike and had never been used. He said it came in the box. I compared the two swingarms and the one not on the bike has a bit more of a pinch on the cassette cog side than the one on the bike. It's not that it was manufactured as a smaller tube, more like it was put in the press, squished a little bit, then painted.

Here's the kicker, the one on the bike, when in the highest gear, rubs the chain on the swingarm directly in front of the cogs. The extra swingarm has the pinch in that general area. Could it be that the swingarm on there now wasn't tested correctly and after finding out the chain rubs there when in the highest gear instead of just scrapping the bunch that they made, they just tossed another one in there with a pinch in it?

Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks for your responses!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Sounds strange...here is a link to Fuji's web site for the 04' Adventure Comp http://www.fujibikes.com/mountain/bi...ayID=7&yr=2004 does not say anything about an extra swingarm but maybe it might help. Anyway, looks like a cool bike!!