mtbr member

Your 'One-Stop-Shop'?

So now that the US Peso is in the crapper, it makes less and less sense to buy anything locally, so I'm looking for a mail order place in the US that stocks all those annoying little 'handy' items like Scotchbrite, small bolts, packing tape, rivet guns, adhesive applicators, holesaws, hacksaw blades, etc. etc..

This has kind of stemmed from the fact that just now I went to buy a 3M EPX epoxy gun from a local place that wanted AUD130 for it, and I found it in the US for USD49.

So, you guys that live a bazillion miles from civilisation like me, where do you get your 'stuff'??
    No longer member of the bike industry nor society, so don't hassle me.

mtbr member
    I like http://www.mcmaster.com/ they are in the same state as me so if I order something I have sitting one my door step the following day.

mtbr member
    McMaster Carr is great for nuts and bolts, etc.

Enco is great for drill bits, hack saw blades, etc.
    NOTHING WORKS LIKE CLOCKWORK

www.clockworkbikes.com

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    McMaster is great, but they don't ship internationally.

Not sure about MSC's shipping policies, they have a lot of the same stuff for similar prices

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    msc owns enco & jlindustrial now. Enco & MSC send coupons constantly if you're on the mailing lists (which is a good idea if you buy often.) About 4x a year, enco runs a 20-25% off sale (even the stuff thats already on sale). Enco is my 'go to first' place for tooling. MSC is pricier but has a FAR larger catalog. MSC also doesn't mind calling suppliers for items they don't carry (I needed some spare parts for an OLD bijur pump in the lathe apron. MSC is a Bijur distributor, but understandably didn't have the parts listed in the catalog.)

mcmaster for other small stuff. They can get anything delivered in ~1day to me in MD/DC but cost more than enco.

There are other places for specific tooling, but for consumables like you listed enco/msc/mcmaster are the biggies.

SMD

mtbr member
    May 2007
    and here's a way to order to Australia from US companies that don't process international shipments

http://www.priceusa.com.au/

Members who have read this thread: 0