Squelch the weasel.

Good job! Shop space share available in Brooklyn, NY

Hi MTBr's,

Got a shop space opening up.

As of Dec. 1, for $425 / month you get a desk (shared with me), wifi, and some "clean" storage. You also get access to a large metal shop with MIG, TIG, O/A (I have a Victor torch, but you can also use your own), 3 CNC milling machines (one of which can be used manually), a lathe, drill press, vise, work table, cold saw, band saw, compressed air, etc. I am working on a powder coat oven at the moment. Also, there's a small wood shop area with a table saw. There is materials storage in the shop area. They just got a "maker bot". Access is 24/7.

You may generally use the stationary tools but are expected to bring your own hand tools and consumables such as hack saw blades, drill bits, etc.

There are four other businesses or individuals using the space: a maker of custom iPhone cases, an art and architectural fabricator, a mechanical engineer who makes a lot of sculptural pieces for artists and prototypes for architects and designers, and two professional lighting designers.

The atmosphere is friendly, serious, helpful, dirty (in the metal shop area) and often loud. There are a/c and heat.

You will not find a better place to run a small frame building business (or just pursue FBing as a serious hobby or art) within the city limits, or a better deal. You are expected to have a good understanding of shop safety practices, and to clean up after yourself.

If you're interested, or just want more information, shoot me a PM or reply below.

Thanks,
    Jim N

pvd
    mtbr member
    What a great deal. I'd be down if I was in that area.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Hey this sounds interesting. Where is the shop?
    -Will

Squelch the weasel.
    Hey,

The space seems to be taken.

It's on Kingsland Ave., though. If it becomes available again, I will post up here.

Jim

Squelch the weasel.
    BUMP!

Looks like the taker has disappeared, so the shop space is open again if any serious FBs are still looking.

Did I mention we also have a media blasting cabinet?

PM or respond below if interested!

Thanks,
    Jim

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    is this still available? if so, please pm me. . . thanks

Squelch the weasel.
    I believe so. PM sent.