mtbr member

Paragon triple zip-tie guides

Any experience?

www.paragonmachineworks.com - CS2322SteelTripleSaddleCableStopLargeMiter

Looks like a great time saver and a slick way to have the option for more cables but not have empty stops.

Name:  CS2322.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  9.5 KB

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I use them but they don't really directly support triple cable routing. The ones you have pictured are designed for one cable or hose with a zip tie. With this design the cable sits in the cradle then a zip tie holds it in place.

They are great for fusion tig and look sharp when mounted but they don't have provision for running bundles of cables. I run stacks of cables on mine sometimes but they are not really designed for doing so. When I bundle my cables the brake hose runs in the cradle and the other cables are just zip tied to the brake hose. It works but it is outside of the design and would be nicer if side cradles supported the other members of the bundle although doing this would require a redesign of the cable mount.

Mark Farnsworth, Raleigh, NC
    http://farnsworthbikes.com

mtbr member
    Your description sounds counter to Paragon's (which is exactly why I asked in the first place)

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon Site
    This 1018 steel triple saddle cable stop can hold one, two or three cables, and allows for a disc brake hydraulic hose or full-length housing to be attached to the frame with a zip-tie.
    If I'm reading your response correctly, it sounds like the short cradles on the sides don't work as well as the center one and you need additional zip ties to keep more than one cable in place? Does the zip tie that holds the center cable go around all of the cables? (Or do you have a pic of everything routed?)

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I don't think the ones Mark has in his picture are the same ones you're talking about.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldybikes View Post
    Your description sounds counter to Paragon's (which is exactly why I asked in the first place)
    I might be wrong about how they intend the side cradles to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Feldybikes View Post
    Does the zip tie that holds the center cable go around all of the cables? (Or do you have a pic of everything routed?)
    I did not do it that way but I will try tonight and get back to you.

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004
    If you look closely, the single (ones you are using, Mark) and triple are different. The triple have a lip built into the sides of the upper cradle to create a side cradle on each side, whereas the single do not.

Whether they work as advertised I can't say but I *can* say that it's a great idea and I'm getting some to try out...

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

Harrumph
    I've used the "single" ones to hold 3 cables, zip ties don't really hold alright. But using some copper safety wire held things nicely.

No reason to not use the "triple" version from here on out, seeing how the singles barely worked that little extra lip will probably work really well.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    If you look closely, the single (ones you are using, Mark) and triple are different. The triple have a lip built into the sides of the upper cradle to create a side cradle on each side, whereas the single do not.

Whether they work as advertised I can't say but I *can* say that it's a great idea and I'm getting some to try out...
    Sweet, thanks for the clarification, I am going to order some too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Woot! these are great, thanks for pointing them out feldybikes! I've been using the double zip ties from nova and a single from pmw which is awefully clunky, now these will be the bomb!
    cheers
    andy walker
    Walker Bicycle Company | | Walker Bicycle Company