mtbr member
    Mar 2009

paragon rocker dropouts for a gen 1 fargo?????

www.paragonmachineworks.com - DS1035BDStainlessSteelFrameComponentsforRockerDrop outwithEyeletsRightSidewithHoleforSeatstayKitorder insertsandkitseparately

gen1 salsa fargo

Someone knows if these 2 things will work together

is a 2009 fargo frame compatable with paragon rocker dropouts

mtbr member
    Your question requires more detail. You have selected a stainless Drop-out for a Steel? frame. Jointing required in this combination is silver braze. Have you got this concept sorted? There are other issues and I think some face to face advise from a frame builder may be in order.

Eric
    If I don't make an attempt, how will I know if it will work?

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    I think he's asking if the slider will work, not the brazed-on part. I seem to remember some similarity. However, there is not enough info. I doubt the slider will work, but it's always possible

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The 2009 fargo dropout is shaped somewhat similar to the later salsa alternator dropout that uses swinging inserts plates. Rather than taking the drastic action of trying to adapt an entirely new paragon dropout design to the frame, I might first try to see if it were possible to re-work the fargos existing dropout to incorperate the mounintng bolt hole and slot that are needed for using the alternator swing plates (which are easily available as replacement parts).

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

will rocker fit in the frame?

paragon rocker dropouts for a gen 1 fargo?????-59046.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Malcolm View Post
    Your question requires more detail. You have selected a stainless Drop-out for a Steel? frame. Jointing required in this combination is silver braze. Have you got this concept sorted? There are other issues and I think some face to face advise from a frame builder may be in order.

Eric
    The word salsa is part of the seat stay, just above the dropout. The round tube, seat stay, does not meet the dropout. This is the gen2 but the stays look the same.

will the rocker fit the frame =?

silver braze ...thanks

mtbr member
    May 2011
    When the paragon dropout is correctly aligned and brazed to the chainstay, It does not appear to me that the seatstay tab on the paragon dropout would extend far enough up reach the fargo seatstay tubing. With enough time reworking and extending the parts, it might somehow be possible to do but it certainly would not be a straitforward job of directly switching out one dropout for another. Salsa alternator DO'd look like they would be a more straitforward retrofit

Most Delicious
    A Black Cat dropout might work, but since I have neither the dropouts or the frame sitting around I couldn't tell you exactly.

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004
    No, they won't fit without replacing lots of other stuff. Get a new frame or a singulator or an ENO hub.

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    No, they won't fit without replacing lots of other stuff. Get a new frame or a singulator or an ENO hub.

-Walt
    aHHH ok

Harrumph
    The early frame/forks used a non suspension corrected geometry, which is awesome. Not that it's really rare or valuable, but it'd be a shame to chop up an early Fargo frame. And you could very easily purchase a new frame that accommodates chain tension for what it would take to pay someone to convert the OG Fargo.

If you're dead set on doing it yourself, step into the rabbit hole of building a complete frame.
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness