Thread: Henry James

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Henry James

Hank's a class act! I had to call him today because of an out of spec tube and started out with a very nice conversation (as usual it seems) with Monika and then Hank. Being I'm in the GWN, I really didn't want to pi$$ around with mailing the bad tube back so I said upfront, 'just send me a new one and I'll pay for it, it's only a few bucks' but Hank refused my offer and less than an hour later I've got the tracking number from USPS. Absolutely awesome!

Drew

p.s., I also picked up a set of Mavic Ksyrium wheels today, and also received confirmation that my Force 22 gruppo is at the courier across the pond in limey land.

It has turned into a pretty good day!
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Yeah, those guys are the best! I always get to have a really nice conversation when I order tubes. Not a lot of places like that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Dillsburg aero, and Joe Bringheli are in the same league. Don Ferris is up there too.

andy walker
    rip dillsburg aero

650b me
    Maybe I'm in a pissy mood today, but is Henry James ever going to finish their new website? Christ, it's been 'under construction' since before NAHBS.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by golden boy View Post
    Maybe I'm in a pissy mood today, but is Henry James ever going to finish their new website? Christ, it's been 'under construction' since before NAHBS.
    I actually agree with you. I don't doubt they are awesome to work with, but their website is so difficult to use that I just give up and order everything from Nova. I guess I should call sometime since it sounds they are more than helpful over the phone. I'll be ordering parts in the next couple weeks, so I should give them a chance since I've heard their products are about the best you can get. It would really be nice if their website was fixed though.

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    I don't think they realize how much business they are missing out on because of the web site.

650b me
    Actually I've ordered most of my tubing from them so far, via email & phone, and they are quite pleasant to work with. But yeah, IMO they are missing out on business due to their website. Many other framebuilding suppliers too, for that matter. Paragon is one of the few that's doing it right.

mtbr member
    If you've purchased from Henry James before you should have a survey waiting in your inbox that includes the all important "online shopping cart" question. I'll respect their request not to share the survey link, but they're clearly going to miss feedback from the proportion of people who haven't shopped with them because their lack of online ordering.

650b me
    Yeah, just checked my email and saw the survey invitation. I will definitely take the time to complete it thoughtfully. Funny coincidence.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I did the survey too. Basically said 'great service, website sucks'.

Also said they needed a web store with credit card or paypal options.

Nice people, but way behind the times.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

Randomhead
    Sep 2008
    survey wants to know who you are, so they almost didn't get mine.

I feel a little pathetic not ordering from them because of the web site.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Never had a problem ordering via an email. Send them the part numbers I need along with quantities. Credit card is on file. They ship almost always on the same day or next day and have never messed up an order.